Typhoon Kammuri

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Anybody following this one?  This will be a disaster for the ASEAN games if it follows this path.

Tisoy2019.png

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

Not a problem. ASEAN games preparations are already a disaster typical Filipino cluster……..

You got that right!  What a mess here in Subic!  All the preps last minute!  And this storm is currently tracking right through Manila then through Bataan to Subic!  I'm going outside now to make a list of things that need prep.

@Gary D

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jake said:

Yeah, it was pretty exhilarating.  I use to live in the Cavite area (south of Manila) along the coast of Manila Bay.  It was interesting to see knee high brown water gushing in and out during low and high tides.  I lost count on how many bio-hazards (diapers, dead animals) were running pass my elevated front yard.  

And with a couple shots of tequila, I use to go windsurfing during those times.  Puerto Galera (south of Batangas) was one of the best place to scream across flat water, while holding on for dear life and not get airborne.  Thinking back, I would never do that again.  

So you can hate it and love it at the same time apparently! :wink:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I cycled around the airport this morning and came across a workcrew frantically welding and cutting all things to do with what looks to be the canoeing venue. Certainly wasn't anything like ready to use.