Typhoon Kammuri

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

especially around Puerto Galera island group to subdue the swells......I'm off for some speed and more speed. 

You better get the next plane Jake!  Puerta Galera is going to have some nice whitecaps!

Tisoy2019-Zoom (1).png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

@intrepid

Are you all getting ready?  I plan to tie up loose ends on Monday and batten down the hatches Tues/Weds.  Danny, current path has the center going across the south end of Lake Taal, about 40 km south of you.  All the forecasts on typhoon2000 are very tight.  It does not look like we will get a reprieve.

multi.png

wp.png

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

@intrepid

Are you all getting ready?  I plan to tie up loose ends on Monday and batten down the hatches Tues/Weds.  Danny, current path has the center going across the south end of Lake Taal, about 40 km south of you.  All the forecasts on typhoon2000 are very tight.  It does not look like we will get a reprieve.

multi.png

wp.png

So what am I expecting as I have never seen or been in a typhoon before.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

It depends on how close you are to the typhoon, how strong the typhoon winds are, and how fast the typhoon is moving.  If close you can expect very high winds and torrential rains.  If the typhoon is moving slowly the rains will continue and you can get flooding in low lands and possible landslides in steep areas.  If you are expect to be in or near the path you should put away or secure any articles that can be blown away.  Cover windows with boards if possible to prevent breakage from flying objects.  You will also see bags of sand being put on roofs to help keep them from being blown away.  Tall coconut palms are often climbed, the nuts are dropped, and many of the fronds are cut off and made short.  The people around you will have experience and you would be wise to follow their advice.  Also make sure to lay in a supply of food and water.

All excellent advice all the way, Mike! I would add that they should be sure to have a secure place to stay in case the house is not typhoon resistant yet. If he has a car or motorcycle, it would be wise to be sure the gas is topped up too.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

So what am I expecting as I have never seen or been in a typhoon before.

Steve, take a look at the wind speed and rain here:

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/ph/marikina

I think it gives a better idea for local conditions.  Looks like you will get up to 60 kph wind in Marikina.  Buckle up.

Screenshot (33).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1