Wifi Speed On Laptop - Any Techies Got Some Ideas?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Check your computer info screen to see what it shows for your available RAM. If you are not sure how to do this, I can guide you - not difficult at all... Perhaps your RAM is not adequate or not working properly?

For best results, you should have at least 4 gbytes RAM and better yet to have 8. You might also have processor speed issues. There are checks for that too that your system has available...

Hate to assume. Windows 10?:shades:

• Sad 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The link is for after the firmware update.

Try username admin and then for password

12345678 or 1234567890 or 0123456789 or 1234

You might have to wait a bit between tries.

I tried all of them, I remember trying it before too, I remember getting in on a suggestion from another site but I couldn't navigate for some reason. I'm pretty sure that I have the firmware because otherwise I would be able to access the setting without going through admin setting

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Hate to assume. Windows 10?:shades:

Yep...

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The link is for after the firmware update.

Try username admin and then for password

12345678 or 1234567890 or 0123456789 or 1234

You might have to wait a bit between tries.

Yikes, I hope they aren't installing router's with default passwords and do not immediately generate a new unique admin password and router key phrase.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Yikes, I hope they aren't installing router's with default passwords and do not immediately generate a new unique admin password and router key phrase.

Well, now I have a problem.

Yesterday, using the information in the link, I logged in as superadmin, and enable web admin.  Then I was able to change the web admin password.  Used it last night and again this morning.

Now tonight, it is not working.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Now tonight, it is not working

OK, got it working again.  In case it helps someone, here is what I did.

The firmware upgrade must of changed this.  Instead of using https://192.168.1.1/ to login, use https://192.168.1.1/fh.  It takes you to the same or a similar login screen, but the fh triggers something.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The firmware upgrade must of changed this.  Instead of using https://192.168.1.1/ to login, use https://192.168.1.1/fh.  It takes you to the same or a similar login screen, but the fh triggers something.

When we moved into our new home the only choice was PLDT.  We had the same problems and more.  Our biggest issue other than speed was coverage throughout the house.  With all the steel and concrete and two floors it signal was just not getting out far.  The tech suggested a secondary router.  I had just purchased a TP Link before we moved here and had brought it along.  Plugged it directly into the PLDT router and presto.  No more problems and I have full access.  Plus the TP Link works great throughout the house.  Also when some family/friends visit I only give the password to the PLDT.  They both now seem to work fine with the TP Link a little faster and farther.  I know it is recommended they be spaced farther apart but they work fine for us as they are.  Almost 3 years now without issue.

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, intrepid said:

When we moved into our new home the only choice was PLDT.  We had the same problems and more.  Our biggest issue other than speed was coverage throughout the house.  With all the steel and concrete and two floors it signal was just not getting out far.  The tech suggested a secondary router.  I had just purchased a TP Link before we moved here and had brought it along.  Plugged it directly into the PLDT router and presto.  No more problems and I have full access.  Plus the TP Link works great throughout the house.  Also when some family/friends visit I only give the password to the PLDT.  They both now seem to work fine with the TP Link a little faster and farther.  I know it is recommended they be spaced farther apart but they work fine for us as they are.  Almost 3 years now without issue.

Yes, I brought my 'spare' router from England to be used (as I used it there) for this purpose... sort of 'booster'/ 'extender'. 

I'm thinking perhaps I may need it in my new all-concrete extension, but hopefully not, as the windows of the present sala (with existing PLDT home fiber router next to the window),  and it,  are almost facing each other, and only a couple of yards distance between them. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm wondering if the 'fh' could be 'fiber home' .  :89: :biggrin:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 1/22/2020 at 10:06 AM, OnMyWay said:

So I reported to PLDT that my Fibr was slow.  It was testing 2-8 mbps on my laptop connected by Wifi.  Paying for 50.

After a couple of tries to fix it remotely, a couple of sub-contractors came out this morning to check.  The first thing they did was check the speed on their phone and it was fine.  I did the same.  One my laptop, still slow.  So they reset the modem / router, fiddled with router settings, checked a few laptop settings, still slow.  So I brought my wife's old laptop out and sat it next to mine, and connected the same as mine.  Speed was fine!

So I have a problem with my laptop.  Could it be that my wireless card is going bad?  Any ideas on what to check?

I will hook it up by hard wire next to see what happens like that.

1 of my tenants has had the same problem his was really bad but everyone else was getting a good signal with an upload speed of 15-30 mbps. I told him it was his equipment and he poo pood it. Then ha found he had a download which was slowing his computer, he took that off and hey presto it was all good again. Perhaps he will stop winging now.

• Like 1