Shopee Seller Scammer

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Just my opinion. I would never ever give any of these internet shopping places my credit card number. COD or nothing.:no:

Luddite!  :hystery:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Just my opinion. I would never ever give any of these internet shopping places my credit card number. COD or nothing.:no:

I have a debit mastercard that I use which I only keep a small amount of cash in.  If I need to buy something online or pay something online using a credit card then I can almost always use the debit mastercard.  I just online transfer the amount to be paid from my bank account (which is instant because they're with the same bank) then pay using the debit card.

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I have a debit mastercard that I use which I only keep a small amount of cash in.  If I need to buy something online or pay something online using a credit card then I can almost always use the debit mastercard.  I just online transfer the amount to be paid from my bank account (which is instant because they're with the same bank) then pay using the debit card.

Just kidding but let's try using your debit card to send something to MY address. :laugh:

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Just kidding but let's try using your debit card to send something to MY address. :laugh:

Do I get to choose what?  Amazon has some interesting choices :whistling:

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I use Paypal once in a while.  When it goes the Paypal site I can choose to have my bank account used or my credit card.  All the info stays with Paypal.  Of course, they are not perfect either and could get hacked, etc.

Another option for online shopping with my Capital One credit card is Eno.  Eno is their app and you install it on your PC or other device.  When you go to a website to make a purchase and put in your credit card number, Eno pops up and gives you a one time use credit card number.  So the merchant never gets your actual number and the number they store after your purchase is worthless.  I installed the app quite a while ago but never bothered to try it yet.  I probably should.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

When you go to a website to make a purchase and put in your credit card number, Eno pops up and gives you a one time use credit card number.

All my credit card accounts also offer this sort of service. However, here in the Philippines, I find COD is easy with no risk of hacked account number. My PNB accounts seem to be safe - so far - after over three years and sometimes with "large" balances. If you read online about how to stay safe, one of the main comments is to never use a debit card online. I think Geoff has the right idea, though - if you insist on using a debit card, make sure you only have enough money in the account that you can afford to lose or for immediate purchases...

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

one of the main comments is to never use a debit card online.

I as you Tom have PNB accounts and with many of the larger Banks have a one Time pin (OTP) for that particular purchase so I personally see no reason for not using a debit card online, should you not use the OTP sent to your Mobile in a certain time the transaction will be cancelled, such are my thoughts :wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I as you Tom have PNB accounts and with many of the larger Banks have a one Time pin (OTP) for that particular purchase so I personally see no reason for not using a debit card online, should you not use the OTP sent to your Mobile in a certain time the transaction will be cancelled, such are my thoughts :wink:

I see. Thanks, Jack. I never tried that. I never even knew that was a way to use it. Good thoughts.:smile:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Do I get to choose what?  Amazon has some interesting choices :whistling:

A battery operated dildo would be a great gift for my GF. If you are so inclined!:tongue:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

All my credit card accounts also offer this sort of service. However, here in the Philippines, I find COD is easy with no risk of hacked account number. My PNB accounts seem to be safe - so far - after over three years and sometimes with "large" balances. If you read online about how to stay safe, one of the main comments is to never use a debit card online. I think Geoff has the right idea, though - if you insist on using a debit card, make sure you only have enough money in the account that you can afford to lose or for immediate purchases...

I use COD only. Better safe than you know what. If a company insists on getting my credit card number I go somewhere else! F them.:5714137783ea0_1(172):

• Like 1