Spouse trying to deport me (Asawa ko Novela Part 2)

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

You know your wife better than we do however not so sure I would bet on that.

Best leave now while you’re able.

Agree, the only thing more important to a woman here than money is Pinoy pride, I am sure the OP has taken this into consideration.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I doubt that would change.  However you could change her mind with that threat.  It is cheaper to hire 2 guys on a motorcycle than have you deported and I know for a fact that her SSDI benefits for "her" son would not end upon your death.

In short, do it the right way.  Lawyer if you have loads of money or a Las Vegas divorce and a tourist visa.

The probability of her having him bumped off is very small. But it's there and I would'nt want to live my life nervously looking over my shoulder.

Yep, the right and legal way is almost always the most difficult - but the best.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: For me, I tend to think that if the Lady is intending to have the OP Deported or keep him here for the Financial aspect it sounds bad, escaping may not be an Option. He will need an ECC and if he is on a watch list he will not I think, get one and he will be going nowhere. Over the years and even more recently we read here and other places that old saying comes into play " Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned" Harsh Thoughts from me here I am sad to say but do we ever know what a Woman is really thinking. We are of course only hearing one side of the Story but again, I am a foreigner and would wish our fellow member a speedy result to all this. Cliche time my friends, " more haste less speed"  for me is in order :wink: JMHO

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: For me, I tend to think that if the Lady is intending to have the OP Deported or keep him here for the Financial aspect it sounds bad, escaping may not be an Option. He will need an ECC and if he is on a watch list he will not I think, get one and he will be going nowhere. Over the years and even more recently we read here and other places that old saying comes into play " Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned" Harsh Thoughts from me here I am sad to say but do we ever know what a Woman is really thinking. We are of course only hearing one side of the Story but again, I am a foreigner and would wish our fellow member a speedy result to all this. Cliche time my friends, " more haste less speed"  for me is in order :wink: JMHO

I had not thought of the ECC.  For 13a, ECC-B is done at the airport and it is unlikely there are derogatory records in the system yet.  That might be an argument for leaving sooner than later.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

it is unlikely there are derogatory records in the system yet. 

OMW I get what you say But, when my wife an I needed to stop our daughter from Leaving the PI on a somewhat dubious Journey it took 1 phone call to get a STOP on her, as I Said before, we just do Not know what the Lady is thinking 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

OMW I get what you say But, when my wife an I needed to stop our daughter from Leaving the PI on a somewhat dubious Journey it took 1 phone call to get a STOP on her, as I Said before, we just do Not know what the Lady is thinking 

If it is that easy, maybe she has already called, but I think in this case she would have to make a formal complaint.  Which she may have already done too.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

If it is that easy, maybe she has already called, but I think in this case she would have to make a formal complaint.  Which she may have already done too.

Exactly my Point

• Like 1