Spouse trying to deport me (Asawa ko Novela Part 2)

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hoping someone can put my mind at ease.

This is a cross-post thread at this link: Asawa Ko Issues the Novela 

I discussed how my family in the US and others advised me that my wife's family was financially taking advantage of me because of my disability.

I was put into a situation where I feared for my personal safety (life) and literally had to flee with only the clothes in my suitcase and backpack.  Since then, my wife has gone ballistic and continuing to wreak havoc on my life.

She had a local bank manager reveal information on my individual account to her, compromising my account.  I had to file a complaint with the bank against the bank manager.

In addition, she is telling my family in the US lots of misleading information and that she is going to try to get me deported.

Not sure how I can be deported, as I just got a NBI clearance with no hits and no criminal record anywhere.  I also just paid my annual report fees with BI.  I can't think of any reason as to how I could be deported.  So now I need to find an attorney to protect me.  She is spending more time on making  my life hell instead of taking care of our child (and one of hers).

Is there anyone that could help put my mind at ease as I try to settle in another area of the Philippines?

• Sad 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Is there anyone that could help put my mind at ease

I will be the first to say it.

Brother, you are toast.

They system is stacked against you already. If you need an example just look at your bank. If can get the manager to release your private information. (maybe with forged permission documents?) How do you think you will fare in a court. 

29 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

I can't think of any reason as to how I could be deported.

Here are a few reasons. Undesirable alien. All she has to do is start filing reports with the barangay. Whose side do you think they will take? fake police reports, ad nauseum 

Here is my prediction. If you try to fight it by hiring an attorney, that attorney will gladly take your money, suck you dry with fees and the result will be the same.

IMHO if you really want to stay in the Philippines, move far away, lay low, go on with your life and wait until your next annual report to see if you have been listed. Your only problem will come when you have to renew your 13a visa and you need your wifes signature.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Very sad to read what's taking place now that you cut the money off. My heart goes out to you and your son. You do understand that your life could be in danger? 

Great advice given above! I strongly agree with Marvin, quickly return to the US before the US borders are possibly closed to travelers from Philippines. Divorce your wife ASAP only after that maybe return to Philippines to a safe location unknown to your exwife and her family. i'm sorry that this is happening to you.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

The only leverage you have now is your son's SSDI benefit. You have already left her, and your other income stream is now with you and will remain so. She has lost it and should be told to realize it and accept it.

If she continues to make trouble for you and won't leave you alone to go your own way now, tell her you will have no choice but to have the son's benefit canceled and revoked by the US Government, leaving her and her family cut off totally and penniless. (They have little idea how their own government and bureaucracies work, and none whatsoever about yours, so the threatening ploy should be credible to her.)

Tit for tat. If she pulls her trigger, you will pull yours. 

Hopefully this will give her pause and allow things to cool down a bit until everyone adjusts to the new realities and finds something workable to allow you all to go on with your now separate lives.

This is only a suggestion to defuse the current anger and desire for retribution re the current break-up.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Theres some good apps called Fake GPS. I think not too difficult to fake up a boarding pass or at least to print out what looks like a ticket. There are companies that will provide you with a ticket thats valid only  for 24 hours... ( can be used as an onward ticket etc ).. get these together and send her a " Im heading for airport now, sorry it didnt work out "etc.. and then do exactly as Snowy says. New life far away.

There are some great islands such as Bantayan or Siquijor or Guimaras  where you can rest relax and be far away from the Madding Crowd/Family. And from there you can plan the next stage of your life.

And make a new email account, FB account  too if thats your thing,  too so that you dont have to worry about a snooping wife.

Edited by Freebie
  • Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am very sad also to read about your predicament. I think all the above posts provide very good advice. I will suggest that you forget about your 13a visa. If you insist on staying in the Philippines, time out your visa, leave the country on a "visa run" and then return on a tourist visa.

I wish the best of luck to you in your very nasty situation...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Time to go back to the US, not worth the risk.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Like all posters my sympathy  for you situation.

If your determed to stay here I totally agree with your last comments about lieing low. 

Not withstanding the comments of Scott, from what I have read it's far harder now for an angry spouse or GF to have one deported.

To put your mind at ease completely why not seek out ( google) an expert immigration attorney for an opinion. Surely it's not going  to cost to much, what price can one put on piece of mind....

• Like 2