Western world has lost its mind

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Where will you go to get your money every month if the banks shut down because of the virus? Indian 5-6 lenders? Think about it.:89:

Sorry AK but I think you are totally writing from inside the Box. For once, try and think outside the Box, my pension is Direct to a  PI bank and of course ATM's are filled from within a bank Open or closed :tiphat: Having said that, we keep enough Cash for this type of thing :wink:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Where will you go to get your money every month if the banks shut down because of the virus? Indian 5-6 lenders? Think about it.:89:

Most UK pensions are set up via an autopay system - once it's up and running there is nothing to be done.  It would require a collapse of the UK government and insurance companies to lead to a problem with pensions - possible but unlikely.  Banks are simply the conduit for payments, not the provider.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If it really hits the fan I am sure the PIs is the wrong place to be.  Our healthcare is atrocious compared to just about anywhere else.  The US is not prepared, but they have got to be way ahead of the PIs. 

I suspect with the Manila lockdown groceries will get difficult to find on other islands as well.  25% of the country lives in the Manila region, and I bet the get first dibs on all products. (they can use the land, sea, and air travel restriction as an excuse). 

...but keep blaming Soros if it makes you feel better ha ha :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

You must not be in contact with many Filipinos? They're losing their minds much much more than any western country. About half of my wifes call center friends are running off back to the province even though they're supposed to be working. Others shitting themselves because their medical care through work doesn't cover pandemics:biggrin:.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Glad that you feel comfortable about that situation. What will you do when you go to withdraw money that isn't there. I also have a reserve cash amount set aside. Maybe 6 months worth. But not enough to feel comfortable with. Hope it works out for both of us Jack.:thumbsup:

If the banks have run out of money then we are in such deep you know what that there will be nothing to buy with the money we don't have.  I don't keep anything like 6 months in cash on hand - maybe 1 month max. 

It's not keeping me awake at night! :smile:

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'll probably just have to pay by card or phone payments in the Mall. 

Guy F.
Posted
Posted