Posted
Posted

Scott, thanks I needed a laugh.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

Move down 100 meters past the road block and the passengers reboard! 

Oh... those poor passengers have to walk 100 meters... my heart goes out to them (major sarcasm here!!!).

• Haha 4

Freebie
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Cinemas here are closing.

Iloilo just announced that no sea transport (except cargo) will be allowed. So, by shutting down the RoRo, that means no more bus from another island.  They say it is to protect us from the people fleeing Manila, but closing the RoRo shuts off the other islands as well.

~Edit~ I just reread the executive order for Iloilo, it is going to be a mess.  It restricts sea travel, including the RoRo, from the Manila area, or anyone traveling from a restricted country. And just how do they know what country you recently visited?  Too easy to lie about that.  Going to be an odd boat ban... 

And the thing about banning people coming from Italy.. with Shenghen open borders there are no stamps on passports so anyone even looking at a passport has no idea whether you have been to Italy or not. Iran stamps so that solves that problem but the Europe/Italy one.. no one will ever know .

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Davao City is under Community Quarantine. The proclamation says residents "may not" go out outside but for specific reasons. Religious activities have been canceled.

We just returned from an S&R run and the store was very full. The package counter, which was done away with, was back outside at the entrance, the boxing-up area was converted to cart (trolley) parking, and the boxing area was moved outside, like they do at the Holidays.

Shelves were very full as well with stacks of pallets to the ceiling and even even outside the building.

We were in SM City in Iloilo yesterday, despite it being one of their 3-day sales it was noticeably quieter than usual.  There was little sign of panic buying.  There was no rubbing alcohol but everything else was available - and most importantly of course, the drinking alcohol!  

I see Globe have announced a 30-day delay on outstanding bills - good, sensible and timely move by them (I cannot believe I'm using those words in the same sentence as Globe!).   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just got a text from Globe that they are closing their stores for now, too.

As for alcohol... I told the clerk at iMart if they changed the label on the gin to "hand sanitizer" they could raise the price from p90 to p1000 :tiphat:

• Haha 5
  • Hmm thinking 1