Lockdown.

roddavis
Posted
Posted

During this Lockdown, I have been sitting too long in the chair!

Chair Balls.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Guy Fawkes was from my home town (York... the original) in England.  Born there, 1570.  :thumbsup:

Oh, and the famous highway robber... Dick Turpin, was hanged there (for horse theft). 

Edited by graham59

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay... I will stick out my opinion now - maybe stronger than usual...

I believe that if we - earthlings - wish to eradicate or at least super-slow this virus - we must (MUST) stop social interactions for at least three weeks, starting today. If people do not interact, then the virus has no place to go and will die off, with whichever patient or human it has infected. I realize this will be impossible to achieve, especially where medical care is ongoing... but I think this should be our goal.

That's all... 

I guess it's another way for me to say that lock down and no travel make really good sense to me...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I believe that if we - earthlings

We are Aliens according to BoI. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

We are Aliens according to BoI. 

Yeah.. you are right... sorry... I lost my concentration... thanks for the correction!:smile:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

So... in short, we need to stop social intercourse and carry on with sexual intercourse? Is that how you would see it?:whistling:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay... I will stick out my opinion now - maybe stronger than usual...

I believe that if we - earthlings - wish to eradicate or at least super-slow this virus - we must (MUST) stop social interactions for at least three weeks, starting today. If people do not interact, then the virus has no place to go and will die off, with whichever patient or human it has infected. I realize this will be impossible to achieve, especially where medical care is ongoing... but I think this should be our goal.

That's all... 

I guess it's another way for me to say that lock down and no travel make really good sense to me...

How would that work?  Families live together and interact.  Family members go to work in essential jobs (and I mean essential) and therefore interact with other people who may be infected.  

I understand desperate measure are needed for desperate times but it is pointless to set a goal that both cannot and will not be achieved.  

If we do reach the desperate stage, and in my opinion we are not there by any means, then desperate measure may be needed but I doubt we'll face that. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If we do reach the desperate stage, and in my opinion we are not there by any means, then desperate measure may be needed but I doubt we'll face that. 

Yeah... I hear you, HK. Perhaps I should have worded that a bit differently? I just see that we need to all distance ourselves as the mandates order. As much isolation as possible seems to be helping. I have no problem with quarantine.

From what I have read, it will possibly prolong the duration of the contagion, but it might reduce the effects sooner... Certainly, I am far from an expert on this. But this is what I read and see...

Honestly, I don't think we are really too far away from desperate measures being necessary... They may seem "draconian, " but they might stem the tide and stop this virus in its tracks?

Anyway... let's hope it all goes away soon!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Update from our city.  We are supposed to be following the neighborhood quarantine rules that some of you describe, i.e. one person per household allowed to leave, etc.  Supposedly someone from the barangay should come around to each house to check if anyone has symptoms, and we should have a paper that whoever leaves the house must carry.  But none of that has happened.  

This morning Mrs. Boggs and I needed to go to the bank.  We knew masks were required.  We both hopped in the little van, and left the neighborhood like normal.  Saw two guys who might be from the barangay kind of casually hanging out on some chairs at the exit, but they didn't look at us.  Didn't encounter any checkpoints on the way to the bank.  While at the bank, gave the security guards there some extra N95 paper masks that we had, they were very grateful.  Stopped at a money-sending shop on the way home, noticed that there seemed to be a lot of mom and pop shops still open.  A lot of workmen still driving around in their white trucks, a lot of people going about their business on tricycles.  Most people wearing masks, but not all. 

On the way back to the neighborhood passed one 'checkpoint' if you can call it that, which was just a sign and was unmanned.  The two barangay dudes we had seen while leaving were no longer there when we re-entered.  Waved hello to the two neighborhood security guards and gave them a few extra masks as well.  Back to home and no issues. 

Our biggest trepidation is that Mrs. Boggs has a cold, and she was very careful not to cough around anyone in authority.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic