Lockdown.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, graham59 said:

Me ? ... just doing what I normally do. :whatever:

computertoilet.jpg

I think that’s the basic model. The deluxe one includes microwave, mini-fridge, toaster and kettle.:smile:

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

In my perception, Old, they have always seemed to be hungry.

Now they will be more hungry... that is the difference. L and I are making a few "care" packages for some of the needier trike drivers and others we know and meet, but we know it is not nearly enough. Between us, we do not have the resources to feed many. We hope the government will step up and provide...

Where i am on the edge of laguna de bay, there are usually 2 guys fishing every day but since sunday morning there are many,many more i can see around 50 ! The water level in the bay has dropped so much that guys are standing roughly 150 metres or more from our sea wall and the level is around their knees !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

Where i am on the edge of laguna de bay, there are usually 2 guys fishing every day but since sunday morning there are many,many more i can see around 50 ! 

I hadn't thought of that side effect but I know there are family members who 'go fishing' when their income is too low.

If a lot of people are out of work because of the quarantine then (in retrospect it was obvious) then a lot of people are going to go fishing.

Not exactly going to help the effectivness of the quarantine though :(

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

Where we are 5k from San Mariano, Isabela you have to have a pass to go shopping & that pass only covers the nearest town, in our case San Mariano, you are restricted to a driver & 1 person to shop so I stay in the van & my wife does the shopping. The last time we went was Sunday & it was so quiet, nothing like the normal Sunday chaos !! I think the Philippines has acted very quickly and hopefully we will avoid the problems they have in places like the UK where its every where & reaching the lock down came too late,  a British speciality these days !!  

• Like 4

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I just visited the local Hypermart.  So far we don't have checkpoint control, at least not in the part of town where I live.  The store was limiting the number of shoppers, so there was a short wait to go inside.  I was doing a 2-week shop, turns out that at the checkout lane there was a list of which items were 'limited'.  So in this shop, there was a 3-in-1 coffee limit per customer of one 'pack'.  So the single package of Nescafe with 30 packets inside was OK.   But the 3 packages of 10-packets was not OK.  I had 4 bags of rice, which were 5 kilos each.  The checkout girl was confused telling me "sir, there is a 50 kilo limit", and the helpers all laughed when I counted out for her 5, 10, 15, 20....patting each bag.  The customers behind me in line got involved, helping me figure out what was a limit and what was not.  They were very polite, and even apologized that the rules are changing every day.  

Upon leaving the store there were at least 75 people waiting to get inside.  Go early I guess, in these weird times.  

• Like 4

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, graham59 said:

8b8ba89350179c9f801f533156302d8ff5de726c.jpeg

I am going to send this to friends in the UK bitching about shelves being empty hahaha

• Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, graham59 said:

8b8ba89350179c9f801f533156302d8ff5de726c.jpeg

This great meme has been appearing in a great many phone reposts... one doesnt need to ask why either lol fit looking gal...  ...... theres some wonderful videos expressing the humour of the situation currently.... my whatsapp and viber is receiving them daily.. as im sure are most of the other posters here..

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

Well its just happened, total lockdown from this evening UK time, no one goes out.

I don't think it's as drastic as that from what I've read.  People can still go out for food, medicine etc etc and for work if it's considered essential.  Probably similar to what we have here now.

I read that Sports Direct are staying open because apparently buying sports gear is a necessity at the moment!  

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I don't think it's as drastic as that from what I've read.  People can still go out for food, medicine etc etc and for work if it's considered essential.  Probably similar to what we have here now.

I read that Sports Direct are staying open because apparently buying sports gear is a necessity at the moment!  

They are being forced to close now according to the latest news this morning .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic