Lockdown.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Joey G said:

You have a reference on the National guidelines versus what the mayor says.  Lockdown here in Samar... only one person per household may go out and shop for food... and there's a time limit on that.  Everyone else stays in the compound... period.

Google is your friend but here's one link. https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/03/21/news/top-stories/duterte-tells-lgus-follow-quarantine-guidelines/704675/

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

it's a March 21 story. Different rules in each city in Cebu.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

it's a March 21 story. Different rules in each city in Cebu.

That was the idea of the President telling all LGUs that they must comply with the National policy. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

His key points taken from his speech are as follows: 

The President has sought cooperation and understanding from the local officials amid reports that some LGUs have insisted on implementing their own measures to address problems in their areas of jurisdiction.

“There is only one republic here, the Republic of the Philippines. And therefore, you should abide by the directives of the national government for the good of the country and the protocols observed during the time of the lockdown,” he said.

“In the coming days, we will need the help of the LGUs more and more. So I want to make this clear early on. Let us work together to implement this quarantine, and it should all begin with the LGUs making sure that your actions are consistent with the national directives. To do otherwise would sow confusion,” Duterte said.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

...making sure that your actions are consistent with the national directives...

And therein lies the "get-out clause" - it doesn't say follow the national directives, it say's don't contradict them.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Lockdown.

Marshall Law by another name :whistling:

Side note: I was in Subic during the Marcos Marshall Law years. Curfew was midnight to 5AM I think, for everyone. After ML was lifted the base commander decided to keep it for US Military personnel. Smart move on his part. Nothing worse than a drunken sailor showing up for work! :no:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

And therein lies the "get-out clause" - it doesn't say follow the national directives, it say's don't contradict them.

I think as we are seeing here is the way the authorities understand or don't understand written English.  I'm still seeing two departments sending out conflicting rules.  The local police appear to just follow the one that was issued by their immediate boss even if it conflicts with the Senator or President. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

I think as we are seeing here is the way the authorities understand or don't understand written English.  I'm still seeing two departments sending out conflicting rules.  The local police appear to just follow the one that was issued by their immediate boss even if it conflicts with the Senator or President. 

This is something that frustrates me like hell here - for a country who pride themselves on their 'perfect' English they sure do know how to issue ambiguous and often misleading communications.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

This is something that frustrates me like hell here - for a country who pride themselves on their 'perfect' English they sure do know how to issue ambiguous and often misleading communications.  

I'm on a few municipal and provincial Facebooks and it keeps me entertained watching the contradictions.  The municipality produce a rule and it gets queried.  The person asking the question is told to read the attached rule as it is written in plain English.  He then produces one written in plain English from the Senator that contradicts it. Two minutes later another one appears from the President.  All three get handed out to the relevant check points and depending who is on duty depends what rule they follow. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Please, people... it's Martial Law, not Marshall, meaning it's military law.

The Sheriff of Los Angeles County has declared gun stores to be nonessential so they must close. What a bunch of bullshit! People will need guns to defend their toilet paper hoards from rioting mobs in another month or 2. :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic