A hard choice

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, hk blues said:

“It’s not advisable to extend the lockdown because our economy will suffer greatly. Let’s take the remaining two weeks seriously so we can solve this,” he said

Yeah I heard that on the news, but it was coming from the POTUS.  Sounds like wealthy people are willing to let poor people go to work while the rich stand back and watch.

• Sad 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Even recommending being back to normal by easter is irresponsible, short sighted, and retarded.  Human life comes before profit. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Even recommending being back to normal by easter is irresponsible, short sighted, and retarded.  Human life comes before profit. 

At least it should...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

At least it should...

Yep.

But, ultimately we are not naive enough to not recognise that we can allow the economy to collapse without serious repercussions down the line.  Most leaders have spoken about the word balance in this context, and I do agree.  It just seems that here the economy is ahead of people's lives rather than behind.  

Or, maybe Politicians are just more honest with their words here? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Or, maybe Politicians are just more honest with their words here? 

I never ever believe politicians are honest with words.... They will say whatever may advance their careers or agendas... At least that is what I have observed in my lifetime... 

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would never 'openly' criticise any Filipino politician in this country (Philippines).

We are mere guests here, and I believe it is illegal for us foreign residents to do so anyway.  :unsure:

I would be happy to receive some kind of (official) reassurance that it is otherwise the case.  

Edited by graham59

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I would never 'openly' criticise any Filipino politician in this country (Philippines).

I will not do that either, Graham... My comment was aimed at all politicians everywhere...  I hope that is not misinterpreted or becomes an issue anywhere... As you say - and I agree - we are guests in this country and I do respect their rules of law and customs, as do you...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I wonder what Marcos would have done if this would have happened during HIS time?:89:

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

IMO a balance can and should be what the goal is here.  We don't shut down the entire global economy for other outbreaks.  And NOTHING has convinced me this outbreak is any different.  It is new and scary.  

So....protect those who need protection, but lets not all starve to death.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic