A hard choice

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

But also, this one seems to have ample number of cures / treatments.  

I would be most interested Marvin if your able to provide a link for these comments please.

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

It has as of this moment exactly zero cures and zero treatments, any 'treatment' given to patients is purely to allow thier own immune system longer to fight against the virus.  Fluids so people don't dehydrate, supplemental oxygen so they won't suffocate etc.

You are joking with me right?  Hydroxy chloroquine so far has been 100% effective.  Intravenous vitamin C has been also highly affective, and is the treatment that NY hospitals, the country of China, and other countries are using until the 'approved' vaccine comes along.  A few weeks ago we were talking about Vitamin D statistics on lowering the infection rate and death rate.  Previously it had been reported that Indonesia and Viet Nam were treating patients very effectively with SARS and HIV regimens.  

No offense guys, but I hope you are not getting all your news from CNN.  I hope you are not just taking the word of me or others on this forum without checking it out.  There is ample information out there.  If I was high risk, i'd be doping up on vitamin c and finding out which doctors would prescribe me the hydroxychloraquine.  

Crikey, this feels like the global warming discussion.. 

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

I would be most interested Marvin if your able to provide a link for these comments please.

These have all been linked in other threads, maybe you didn't notice. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

You are joking with me right?  Hydroxy chloroquine so far has been 100% effective.  Intravenous vitamin C has been also highly affective, and is the treatment that NY hospitals, the country of China, and other countries are using until the 'approved' vaccine comes along.  A few weeks ago we were talking about Vitamin D statistics on lowering the infection rate and death rate.  Previously it had been reported that Indonesia and Viet Nam were treating patients very effectively with SARS and HIV regimens.  

Addressing your comments in order -:

Hydroxy chloroquine in combination with other drugs is under investigation for it's effectiveness, there is as yet no evidence one way or another as to it's effectiveness.

Vitamin D is helpful in boosting ones immune system to fight respiratory viruses but that doesn't make it a 'treatment' merely part of maintaining ones health.

There is  no evidence that the large doses of Vitamin C used had any effect other than the placebo effect.

Various SARS and HIV drugs are being trialed alone, in combination and with Hydroxy chloroquiune.  It is WAY too early to say if they will be beneficial or not.

If you have evidence to the contrary then I request you link it and I am getting my evidence primarily from the CSIRO who are currently doing research on 2 types of vaccines (animal trials right now) as well as Hydroxy chloroquine.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, scott h said:

just for fun, check my numbers...….. I show a 2.3% death rate in the USA

I get the same number you get, however the POTUS is saying they expect deaths to climb.  He is predicting 100K min up to 240K deaths from this virus.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/President-white-house-guidelines-coronavirus/index.html

The UK is the most worrying future hotbed, in my opinion.  They are already at 8% death rate.  The number if dead is 35 per million population.  Yet we continue to see news reports of Londoners packing into the tubes with zero social distancing.

There are still people who need to make those hard choices.  Stay home and perhaps be bored and broke or join the crown and be part of the problem.

EDIT:  Of course I meant "join the crowd" but with Prince Charles only taking a week's isolation when 2 weeks is recommended . . .  well "join the crown" is an approved freudian slip.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Crikey, this feels like the global warming discussion.

Except.  We see dead people.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are correct, Dave.... But with global  warming, the deaths will come later - long after we are already gone... Unless this virus economic shutdown actually slows down the global warming situation? Hmmmm....?

Sorry for the incendiary comment, but I couldn't help myself... That's what happens when I am home with little else to do...

Right or wrong...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes David we do indeed but I wonder, is there is ever a count of those that died of the infection versus deaths by Natural/other causes to get a true figure on the Deaths here in the PI or the rest of the World? :89: Not too long ago we heard the Shouting "Polio" is back, I  Can't actually remember if there were Deaths from the very few cases reported  but even then, there were those that disputed Statistics, No! it not at all funny and I don't take this issue lightly but again, are we really getting a true Figure on these deaths as being caused by the Infection? Just my thoughts here all.:tiphat:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

He is predicting 100K min up to 240K deaths from this virus.

taking the median number of 150k deaths that gives a mortality rate of 4.5%. So to quote Stalin one death is a tragedy a million is a statistic. 

Reading between the lines of the Philippine newspapers, Pres Duterte is getting some serious pressure to lift the ban. Especially from the business sector. They are hinting that the economy might not recover anytime soon if it keeps going. 

32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yet we continue to see news reports of Londoners packing into the tubes with zero social distancing.

candidates for the Darwin award :hystery: might be a good way to improve the gene pool.

33 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Stay home and perhaps be bored and broke or join the crown and be part of the problem.

I predict this is what it will come down to until a vaccine is developed. If person is in the "danger zone" the will have to take maximum precautions. Which really not that difficult to do. Wear a mask when out. Disinfect hands before removing mask. It will just be a learned behavior....after all "most" of us put on our underwear before we put on trousers :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

get a true figure on the Deaths here in the PI

I don't think we ever will. Unless the family pays for an autopsy the cause of death is listed by the funeral home. 

Didn't I read somewhere that the gov has mandated that funerals be done in 24 hours?

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic