Quarantine extended until May 15

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Well... just when things were getting worse but seemed manageable (alcohol ban and curfew between 7 pm and 5 am), things are turning worse here in Davao again.

Beginning on Monday, November 15, Davao is reinstituting travel restrictions. All travel into the city and out will require special travel permissions from their LGU with exemptions for certain "essential" services.

Additionally, beginning November 17, everyone will be required to carry the FM (Food/Medicine) passes again. (It is the same as quarantine but without using that word.) Monday, Wednesday, Friday for odd ending serial numbers and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for even ending serial numbers. No travel for anyone on Sundays (exempting essential services.)

Lastly (but announced firstly) is the new requirement for everyone to register and carry either on their cell phone or on a printout, a qr coded that will have ID information, including "special" versions for seniors and juniors. These require photo id's two photos, and id details.

Ugh!...

Tommy I believe Cebu City is also considering a sort of lock down.

When we watch CNA one sees cases increasing in almost every Asia country (except North Korea of course) and it just has to increase here, no other way. 

I expect some sort of a national lock down come xmas and are preparing for same. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

I expect some sort of a national lock down come xmas and are preparing for same. Just my thought

I don't know, second cropping of rice comes off January/ Febuary, be a bit hard to stop workers from earning a crust.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, RBM said:

Tommy I believe Cebu City is also considering a sort of lock down.

When we watch CNA one sees cases increasing in almost every Asia country (except North Korea of course) and it just has to increase here, no other way. 

I expect some sort of a national lock down come xmas and are preparing for same. Just my thoughts.

I doubt there will be a very strict lockdown during xmas, as the economy was hit hard earlier this year and the government doesn't have cash to dole out to everyone.  

4 hours ago, Clermont said:

I don't know, second cropping of rice comes off January/ Febuary, be a bit hard to stop workers from earning a crust.:thumbsup:

Food is classed as a essential item, so farmers are allowed to work. During the first lockdown the farmers in my area were happy, as they continued to work and received 13k from the government.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gas said:

I doubt there will be a very strict lockdown during xmas, as the economy was hit hard earlier this year and the government doesn't have cash to dole out to everyone.  

Unfortunately the Government has never doled out money to everyone that needs it anyway. I know so many people with no work who haven't received a peso since the start of quarantine, including employees of my friend who filled all the relevent forms and sent them to DOLE. I actually commended him on how fast he filled the forms in and sent them off.  Literaly within 24hrs of his bar being shut but recently before I closed my Facebook I saw him posting that they still haven't received anything. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 11/14/2020 at 8:26 PM, insite said:

Can you expound on the details in relation to " special " versions for seniors please Tommy

Sure. Apparently, the QR codes that will be created for those 65+ or (I forget the age exactly) I think 17- will somehow show that status so that whoever checks the code - say at a checkpoint will see that code flagged for "special consideration," due to their special status.

I am sorry, but I cannot find the article online that described this. But I do remember that there were no details about exactly how these will be denoted or flagged.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Update regarding FM cards in Davao City:

We visited the local barangay hall to make certain that we would be included in the expected issuance of new FM passes. "Not necessary and not available..." What?

Apparently new FM passes will not be issued here in the city now - we are supposed to continue to use our old ones. L lost hers but I still have mine. So, even though mine was issued in a barangay over 15 km from the new home, it is still valid. Anyone not having one is expected to simply visit their barangay hall to request a one day pass. Crazy sounding, I know, but that is what we were told. Anyway, tomorrow is the first day they will be required again..

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 11/14/2020 at 8:26 PM, insite said:

Can you expound on the details in relation to " special " versions for seniors please Tommy

A further update regarding the QR code requirement:

An article in Minda News today quoted Her Honour, The Mayor, as saying that anyone who does not have the QR code in their phone or printed out will NOT be arrested or fined. That might happen only if the credentials are stolen or fake ID is used to create the code. So, that certainly brings up questions to me...

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 2 months later...
insite
Posted
Posted
On 11/16/2020 at 6:01 PM, Tommy T. said:

A further update regarding the QR code requirement:

An article in Minda News today quoted Her Honour, The Mayor, as saying that anyone who does not have the QR code in their phone or printed out will NOT be arrested or fined. That might happen only if the credentials are stolen or fake ID is used to create the code. So, that certainly brings up questions to me...

We were informed today that new FM passes are about to issue , perhaps next week. These will be colour coded and if the information we are being given is correct they will also have an embedded  QR pass .........:bonk:

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

Extended Booze Ban till 31 March :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Booze Ban Extended .jpg

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, insite said:

We were informed today that new FM passes are about to issue , perhaps next week. These will be colour coded and if the information we are being given is correct they will also have an embedded  QR pass .........:bonk:

We just got a new FM pass from our Purok here in Tugbok. It is much the same as the previous one except has one of those funny square bar code things. But we were just given blank passes to fill in our names, Purok and Barangay...no embedded QR pass...yet.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic