So much for the "Swedish way"!

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted

I am really proud of my country and how it has handled the virus. We never closed our borders, we never closed any gyms, I have never seen anyone with a face mask when shopping or anything, and everyone I know has been healthy (even most of my family already tested positive for the virus). Everything has been business as usual where I live, but they have let us work from home if we want, which makes lifes even easier. This year has been my favorite, while living in Sweden.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

I am really proud of my country and how it has handled the virus. We never closed our borders, we never closed any gyms, I have never seen anyone with a face mask when shopping or anything, and everyone I know has been healthy (even most of my family already tested positive for the virus). Everything has been business as usual where I live, but they have let us work from home if we want, which makes lifes even easier. This year has been my favorite, while living in Sweden.

Well, I am also from Sweden and I am NOT proud about how we have handled the virus here!

I am not saying that we choosed the wrong way, the future will tell, but it has obviously not worked out the way it was supposed to do. They said they wanted to protect the old ones and those being in riskgroups, but that has been a total failure. Very many people have been infected in homes for old people and in hospitals due to lack of information, education and protective equipment!!! Sweden used to keep huge stocks emergency equipment but they decided a few decades ago that was not necessary, it was better to buy when it was needed they said and now we know how that worked !!!

I think we are one of few countries where wearing a facemask is not recommended, the reason for that is that they say there is no proof that it will help and there is a chance that people will get more careless if they use them instead of not wearing them!! With that logic I think we should not be wearing saftybelts while driving our cars or helmets riding motorbikes either :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

We never had lockdowns or hard rules in Sweden about what to do and what not to do, but we have had recommendations and people have been fairly good at following them. It has been recommended to practice social distancing, wash hands often, don´t touching your face, don´t travel, stay at home if you not feel good, work from home if you can etc.

Another thing that have not been good is that they implemented the same recommendations to all of the country at once. First place to get hit by this virus was the capital Stockholm and we were all told to follow the recommendations. In my part of the country and many other places we had NO cases at all at that time but we should still live like they did in Stockholm. Now the situation is improving in Stockholm so they are relaxing the advices, but the problem is that my place have not had the expected peak yet!!! 

The fact that we have an upgoing curve of infected people is most likely because they did not test many people before (lack of equipment and people to analyze the results), the curves of people dying and those in intensive care, are on its way down and I personally think they are the most important curves to watch.

If they had done what they said they should do, protect the old and weak, then I would also have been proud of how my country have handled the situation but this is a big FAILURE!!!

• Like 3

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Viking said:

If they had done what they said they should do, protect the old and weak, then I would also have been proud of how my country have handled the situation but this is a big FAILURE!!!

I compare how we handled the virus compared to Philippines or Thailand, and I am really happy I live in Sweden at the moment. People are getting arrested for standing outside their houses. Crazy facist states, show their true colours now. For me that is insanity, how they dare to tell people to not go outside at all. I would revolt.

Viking
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

I compare how we handled the virus compared to Philippines or Thailand, and I am really happy I live in Sweden at the moment. People are getting arrested for standing outside their houses. Crazy facist states, show their true colours now. For me that is insanity, how they dare to tell people to not go outside at all. I would revolt.

Philippines have  reported 1280 dead out of 110 million and Thailand have reported 58 dead out of 70 million 

Sweden have 5411 dead out of 10 million, somehow it is quite obvious to me that they had a better result in fighting this virus :whistling: but their metods can of course be questioned.

I know that Philippines and Thailands figures are probably not as accurate as Swedens but there is quite a bit of margin in favour for them, don´t you think?

You dont sound like a Swede, Swedes never revolt, we just talk, or maybe thats just what you are doing :tongue:

Have a great day and enjoy the Swedish summer, tomorrow it can be gone, hahahaha.

• Love it 1

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Viking said:

Philippines have  reported 1280 dead out of 110 million and Thailand have reported 58 dead out of 70 million 

Sweden have 5411 dead out of 10 million, somehow it is quite obvious to me that they had a better result in fighting this virus :whistling: but their metods can of course be questioned.

I always believed that it´s likely that everyone will be exposed to this virus eventually, and Sweden just took the hit sooner than everyone else. In a few years most countries will have similar numbers.

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

I always believed that it´s likely that everyone will be exposed to this virus eventually, and Sweden just took the hit sooner than everyone else. In a few years most countries will have similar numbers.

Not if there is a vaccine :thumbsup:

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Viking said:

Not if there is a vaccine :thumbsup:

That´s possible, but if Swedish politicians would have closed of Sweden, restricted us to stay inside, waiting for a vaccine that might take years, I would probably end up in prison.

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

That´s possible, but if Swedish politicians would have closed of Sweden, restricted us to stay inside, waiting for a vaccine that might take years, I would probably end up in prison.

I just say that they should have protected the old and weak, then I would have been happy, but they failed BIG time in doing that!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

Before a few years a vaccine will almost certainly be available, although it's looking like it will be a 2 jab vaccine (1 initial dose and then another one 14 or 21 days later).

By exposing more people now more people will suffer from the (uncommon but real) cytokine storm response and end up very sick in hospital or even die.

But if cases are delayed for just another year then the vaccine will be available for those that need it and less people will die unneeded deaths from Covid.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

But if cases are delayed for just another year then the vaccine will be available for those that need it

I have little faith in that but it would be nice.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic