Latest on Visas per the San Francisco Consulate

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, DaveB said:

Second, the majority of potential residents are coming in with an income stream, especially retirees.  You'd think at a time when the economic hits are severe, that by itself would be welcome. 

I suppose governments all around the world, including the one here, have chosen health over wealth by imposing lockdowns so it's not surprising that they are taking this stance - and retirees are in that high risk group so that's an additional reason to be so strict.

I do sympathise though with all those who want to get back to their loved ones.    

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I suppose governments all around the world, including the one here, have chosen health over wealth

Perhaps, but IMHO it’s their ppl’s wealth and not their own. And fat cats there are not the ones facing starvation and financial ruin. 

A phased reopening for tourists (similar to what Thailand is working to implement - link below) and long stay visa holders (SRRV and six month tourist visas obtained in advance) with strict testing and quarantine rules, similar to what they are doing now for those returning would certainly help their economy. 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/thailand-reopening-to-tourists-everything-you-need-to-know/

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Perhaps, but IMHO it’s their ppl’s wealth and not their own. And fat cats there are not the ones facing starvation and financial ruin. 

A phased reopening for tourists (similar to what Thailand is working to implement - link below) and long stay visa holders (SRRV and six month tourist visas obtained in advance) with strict testing and quarantine rules, similar to what they are doing now for those returning would certainly help their economy. 

https://www.traveloffpath.com/thailand-reopening-to-tourists-everything-you-need-to-know/

I hear you but we know where we are and how poor the execution of the correct measures would be. They cannot even get their ducks in a row over wearing face shields on public transport.  I guess the financial impact of allowing SRRV holders would be negligible in the grand scheme of things and just not worth the trouble in the eyes of some.  

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Yeochief said:

So are the ones in the United States.  We keep reelecting the same ones and we expect different results, not going to happen.

Ahhhh, the definition of insanity!   Completely agree.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

"Democracy is the worst system.... except for all the others"

"No matter who you vote for... you end up with a politician"

I'm sure there are other comments like this but hey... at least we can bitch about our pollies without getting thrown in jail :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I'm sure there are other comments like this but hey... at least we can bitch about our pollies without getting thrown in jail :thumbsup:

Maybe.... maybe not, Geoff... Keep your finger up and wet in the wind and watch for changes!!!

Personally... I am totally disgusted with all politics going on in USA - both parties... hope that is not considered a bad post in the forum...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2020 at 4:44 AM, Heeb said:

Okay thanks, I won’t be traveling with my wife so I probably won’t get the Balikbayan visa stamp, I will have a copy of our marriage certificate and her dual citizenship document.

Do you have a visa?

PRESS RELEASE
08 August 2020
Alien spouses of Pinoys need visas to enter PH - BI
MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Immigration (BI) told foreigners who have Filipino spouses and dependents that they can only enter the Philippines if they have the appropriate visas.
"It is clear from the latest updates from the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Resolution 60 that foreigners, including spouses of Philippine citizens, allowed to enter country must have the proper visas prior their arrival in the country," BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said in a statement.
He added that the same requirement applies to children of Philippine citizens and children with special needs, regardless of age, as well as to foreign parents of Filipino and children with special needs, also regardless of age.
Morente pointed out that prior to the issuance of said IATF-EID resolution, non-visa required foreign nationals married to Filipinos were indeed allowed to enter the country upon presentation of their marriage certificates and other proof of their matrimonial relationship.
"But that is no longer the case with the issuance of this latest IATF-EID resolution . Foreign spouses of Filipinos must now secure entry visas from our Consulates abroad before traveling to the Philippines.  Otherwise, they will be denied entry by our immigration officers and sent back to their ports of origin," Morente warned.
BI Port Operations Acting Chief Grifton Medina disclosed that pursuant to the said IATF-EID resolution, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) issued a Foreign Service Circular 36 - 2020, last 03 August 2020, exempting the said foreigners from the suspension of visa issuance by Philippine Consulates abroad.
Medina, however, clarifed that the visa requirement applies only to foreign spouses, dependents and parents of Filipinos who do not have existing visas.
"Those aliens who already hold valid permanent and temporary resident visas which they acquired by reason of marriage to Filipinos under Section 13(a) of the Philippine Immigration Act can enter the country anytime," Medina said.
He explained that said aliens don't need to apply for new entry visas, as being immigrants and holders of long-term visas, they already fall in the categories of aliens allowed to enter the country since 01 August 2020.
Medina also reminded foreign spouses of Filipinos that they must always bring with them their authenticated marriage certificates and other supporting documents when traveling to the Philippines so they could readily present them when asked to do so by immigration officers.
"There have been many instances already wherein foreign passengers claiming to be spouses of Filipinos were turned back by our officers at the airport due to their failure to show proof of marriage," he added.

a visa.PNG

Heeb
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you have a visa?

PRESS RELEASE
08 August 2020
Alien spouses of Pinoys need visas to enter PH - BI
MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Immigration (BI) told foreigners who have Filipino spouses and dependents that they can only enter the Philippines if they have the appropriate visas.
"It is clear from the latest updates from the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Resolution 60 that foreigners, including spouses of Philippine citizens, allowed to enter country must have the proper visas prior their arrival in the country," BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said in a statement.
He added that the same requirement applies to children of Philippine citizens and children with special needs, regardless of age, as well as to foreign parents of Filipino and children with special needs, also regardless of age.
Morente pointed out that prior to the issuance of said IATF-EID resolution, non-visa required foreign nationals married to Filipinos were indeed allowed to enter the country upon presentation of their marriage certificates and other proof of their matrimonial relationship.
"But that is no longer the case with the issuance of this latest IATF-EID resolution . Foreign spouses of Filipinos must now secure entry visas from our Consulates abroad before traveling to the Philippines.  Otherwise, they will be denied entry by our immigration officers and sent back to their ports of origin," Morente warned.
BI Port Operations Acting Chief Grifton Medina disclosed that pursuant to the said IATF-EID resolution, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) issued a Foreign Service Circular 36 - 2020, last 03 August 2020, exempting the said foreigners from the suspension of visa issuance by Philippine Consulates abroad.
Medina, however, clarifed that the visa requirement applies only to foreign spouses, dependents and parents of Filipinos who do not have existing visas.
"Those aliens who already hold valid permanent and temporary resident visas which they acquired by reason of marriage to Filipinos under Section 13(a) of the Philippine Immigration Act can enter the country anytime," Medina said.
He explained that said aliens don't need to apply for new entry visas, as being immigrants and holders of long-term visas, they already fall in the categories of aliens allowed to enter the country since 01 August 2020.
Medina also reminded foreign spouses of Filipinos that they must always bring with them their authenticated marriage certificates and other supporting documents when traveling to the Philippines so they could readily present them when asked to do so by immigration officers.
"There have been many instances already wherein foreign passengers claiming to be spouses of Filipinos were turned back by our officers at the airport due to their failure to show proof of marriage," he added.

a visa.PNG

From what I understand the visa is not required for countries like the US where a visa isn’t needed to enter the Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is what is important and its only for those who already have permanent visas.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Missed quote. Some issue could not fix

Heeb
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is what is important and its only for those who already have permanent visas.

Well my flight just got cancelled again so I’m not going anywhere anytime soon, I asked for a refund. The EVO rep said they are having a hard time figuring out what the rules of entry are into Manila, and sometimes they change midair but they are expected to already comply, it also depends on who’s manning the desk in Manila, sometimes they accept documents other times not. I still don’t know why I miss it over there.

• Sad 3