I'm still planning on moving...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

The rest was pretty straight forward including Immigration, who had no problems with my 13-A visa.

That is good news :smile:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Well we did it.  Finally here in Manila at the Belmont hotel waiting on our corona virus test results.  

A few things to pass along.  Like others have said, the swab test is a pain...literally.  Both nostrils and a throat swab.

So the QR scan thing didn't work well for me at LAX.  I got the first part done but the second part was a pain.  The third part was done in NAIA to register for the test.  I had a heck of a time with that one. The first wireless connection I tried from NAIA couldn't connect to it.  The quarantine folks showed me to use another wireless account though that worked.  Can't remember the name though, although I think it had the name corona in it.  After that I was able to finish registering my wife and I for the test.  I took a screenshot of the QR codes and gave them to the technicians.  I paid for the tests with a credit card. 4500 pesos per test.

The rest was pretty straight forward including Immigration, who had no problems with my 13-A visa.

Now just chilling and waiting for the results.

Great news!

I think a lot of people could benefit if you summarize your 13a process.  I don't think it is widely known that it can be done like you did it.  I remember reading some bits about it, but now that you are here, maybe you could summarize the steps you took for the 13a, in the Visa section of the forum.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Great news!

I think a lot of people could benefit if you summarize your 13a process.  I don't think it is widely known that it can be done like you did it.  I remember reading some bits about it, but now that you are here, maybe you could summarize the steps you took for the 13a.

That's a good point OMW.  If members read through the VISA section it's mentioned that you can do the 13-A prior to coming to the Philippines and its (from my very current experience) much easier.

I'll post a follow-up on this in the VISA section.😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

That's a good point OMW.  If members read through the VISA section it's mentioned that you can do the 13-A prior to coming to the Philippines and its (from my very current experience) much easier.

Yes, but what I think is remarkable is that you were able to accomplish the 13a during all this Covid craziness!!!  Good job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

100% yes.

I'd strongly recommend doing it outside the Philippines - it's cheaper, permanent from Day 1 and you can avoid the challenges of getting what's needed here. I know for some it's not an option, but if it is then go for it.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Well we did it.  Finally here in Manila at the Belmont hotel waiting on our corona virus test results.  

Great to hear! And welcome to the Philippines (again)!

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Balisidar said:

Well we got our results in about 9 hours.  Both negative.

So tomorrow we'll show the hotel the results and we plan on checking out Monday morning.  Gives us a chance to relax and get over the jet lag.  Then on to my mother in laws place to do our quarantine.

I plan on writing up the 13-A VISA process after receiving some clarification from Immigration.  The immigration official handed me a slip of paper (Requirement slip) after they gave me the VISA on my passport and said I had to register within 7 days but didn't really clarify what I was registering for (I would assume it's for the 5 year ACR), Where to register (hopefully the office in Santa Rosa if it's open since thats closest) and how I would do this in 7 days while I'm supposed to be quarantined.  Hopefully, I'll lay it out from start to finish to help someone in the future.😀

Thanks to all who went before in this process.  The info provided really helped to smooth things out.😀

If I were you, I would call Sta Rosa BI Monday morning and ask for guidance regarding the 14 days.  Maybe they can take note of you and then you go in after the 14 days.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Well we got our results in about 9 hours.  Both negative.

So tomorrow we'll show the hotel the results and we plan on checking out Monday morning.  Gives us a chance to relax and get over the jet lag.  Then on to my mother in laws place to do our quarantine.  Addition to the above information.  I got an email from the BOQ Certificate help desk asking us to register on their site and send them a copy of our results for our certificate.  Then I guess I have to show that to the hotel or something.  

I plan on writing up the 13-A VISA process after receiving some clarification from Immigration.  The immigration official handed me a slip of paper (Requirement slip) after they gave me the VISA on my passport and said I had to register within 7 days but didn't really clarify what I was registering for (I would assume it's for the 5 year ACR), Where to register (hopefully the office in Santa Rosa if it's open since thats closest) and how I would do this in 7 days while I'm supposed to be quarantined.  Hopefully, I'll lay it out from start to finish to help someone in the future.😀

Thanks to all who went before in this process.  The info provided really helped to smooth things out.😀

As for the 7 day reporting - this is to fill out the necessary forms etc for the ACR card application - this will cost you but I can't recall the exact amount but the figure 7,000php comes to mind.   I also had to get a stamp in my passport from the quarantine bureau - this as a very simple 5-second process that cost another 500php!  

As per OMW's post above - best contact the Santa Rosa office for guidance on whether they process ACR cards and how you can get around the 7-day requirement. A quick check would suggest Santa Rosa BI does NOT process ACR transactions but others have mentioned that the information online is not 100% accurate so best check but prepare yourself for bad news!  

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

As for the 7 day reporting - this is to fill out the necessary forms etc for the ACR card application - this will cost you but I can't recall the exact amount but the figure 7,000php comes to mind.   I also had to get a stamp in my passport from the quarantine bureau - this as a very simple 5-second process that cost another 500php!  

As per OMW's post above - best contact the Santa Rosa office for guidance on whether they process ACR cards and how you can get around the 7-day requirement. A quick check would suggest Santa Rosa BI does NOT process ACR transactions but others have mentioned that the information online is not 100% accurate so best check but prepare yourself for bad news!  

Thanks HK!

I'm prepared to pay for the fees.

Looking at the offices I have three that are reasonably close without having to go to Manila.  Dasmarinas, Santa Rosa and Batangas city.  I'll send them all emails or call to see what's the best option.

Worst comes to worst I'll go back to Manila and work with them on the requirements.  Don't much care for Manila but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Still having a bit of a hard time staying asleep and we just had a little earthquake that we felt here in Pasay city.

Philippines is saying welcome I guess.😆😉

• Like 2