I'm still planning on moving...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Off topic but since you will be applying soon after arriving ensure you get your police clearance in your home country first to make it easier.

1 hour ago, DaveB said:

I have that.  I got the entire 13A package together for submission at the San Francisco consulate hoping they'd reopen in time to submit it.  I'm bringing that along.  Problem is they use different application forms (so I followed the BI website and filled out theirs), and the instructions for the BI form don't have any info on medical screening or the police clearance or financial statements or passport photos - which I'm very suspicious of.  So I'm bringing everything and I'll see what reaction I get.  I'll let them tell me what they like and don't like and what to fix.  Actually...I'm giving some real serious thought to just getting a "fixer" and pay him to sort it all out.  Regardless, it'll be easier to deal with it all when I'm there instead of trying to sort it out on a website 12,000 miles away.  Might be a struggle locally, but I have time to just sort it out and get it done, whatever path it takes.  It's just one more item in the small mountain of minutiae I'm working.

For my SRRV last year, I simply got a police report online from Washington State Patrol and printed it out. I paid a bit extra for them to notarize it.

But... I needed to have that notarized at the US embassy. That was my biggest hassle. Perhaps the consulate in Cebu can handle that these days? I didn't try that because I also needed to get the "Red Ribbon" certification at Foreign Affairs... I know your visa is different from SRRV, but just letting you know what might be required...

• Like 1

DaveB
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Heeb said:

About the QR scanner, I overheard a girl tell the flight attendant that her phone couldn’t scan the QR code, the flight attendant said there was a manual way to do it but anything to make the process easier imo helps. I’m at my quarantine hotel now, about half way through the flight they handed everyone around seven documents to fill out, you’ll have your passport number memorized by the time you’re done because it’s very redundant and the same stuff you entered into the Red Cross QR scanner form before you set out, they are all of different sizes with some being small which makes it hard to keep all together, on top of the immigration stuff I had and the barcode for the covid test. I’m the guy that can manage to lose my movie theater ticket while waiting in line to get in so it was pretty nerve racking, there were various stations and I didn’t know what paper went where. You also have to verify you have a hotel so have the confirmation letter ready, they will ask for your mode of transportation also. FYI, make sure you go to the bathroom before landing because they give no opportunity to do so once departing the plane. The swab test was the worst part because she does both nostril and just when you think she can’t go in any further she does, and then some, the throat swab will make you gag. I will  post when I get my results and the check out process, just waiting for an email and trying to wind down.

Got my 9A visa back in the mail today - big sigh of relief.   I'm right behind ya.

Every time I read one of these posts, I have another "ah ha" moment.  Glad you mentioned the hotel confirmation - hadn't occurred to me to print it out.  The whole collection of folks on this forum have combined to reveal one land mine after another.  Really been a lot of help.

• Like 4

DaveB
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

For my SRRV last year, I simply got a police report online from Washington State Patrol and printed it out. I paid a bit extra for them to notarize it.

But... I needed to have that notarized at the US embassy. That was my biggest hassle. Perhaps the consulate in Cebu can handle that these days? I didn't try that because I also needed to get the "Red Ribbon" certification at Foreign Affairs... I know your visa is different from SRRV, but just letting you know what might be required...

I got the same WASP report - I paid to get two originals...just in case.  Also got an authenticated birth certificate (actual word escapes me - something like "apostillate" seal)

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, OnMyWay said:

Yes, under the current rules, travelling around for a while before you come to Subic might nullify the previous quarantine.  Let me see what I can find out.  I will say that you will come directly to Subic after your quarantine in Angeles, and you are interested in living here.

Dave, my contact was unable to really answer the questions but did give me a contact that you might engage.  Dr. J. (that is the name I was given!) works at the SBMA Dispensary unit and apparently has some control over all of this.  If you (or your wife) call him, explain your situation and establish some rapport with him, he might be able to guide you to the route with the least hassle.  His number is +63 0917 569-8472.

Hope this can help.  I really don't want to get in the middle here as there is always a danger of "lost in translation".

I did get a list of the authorized quarantine hotels in SBMA.  The problem is, I don't know what you are allowed to do while on quarantine.   I'm familiar with some of them.  Possibly the outdoor amenities don't matter and the most important thing is the room and food availability?  I know a manager at Camayan Resort.  I will ask him about quarantine.

Camayan Resort

Horizon

Segara Residencias

Venezia

Subic Park

Terrace

Vista

Travellers 

Hope this helps some!

• Like 2

DaveB
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay.   Again, really appreciate your efforts on my behalf.  I think under the circumstances, the smart path forward is to go with what we have firmed up, and then see what we can do next.  So we're going to start with our stay in Angeles City, then I'll contact "Dr J" and explain what we're up to when the time comes to go to Subic.  If he confirms we'll need to repeat the quarantine drill, we may just decide to take the easy road and go do it.  Being retired, we have the time to work it without any other impacts, so we're pretty loose about things - we'll just do what we have to do.  At the least we'll have some defined steps and get some of the uncertainty out of the effort.  

When we get to Subic ("when" not "if"), hope I can look you up and buy you and yours dinner one evening.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, DaveB said:

OnMyWay.   Again, really appreciate your efforts on my behalf.  I think under the circumstances, the smart path forward is to go with what we have firmed up, and then see what we can do next.  So we're going to start with our stay in Angeles City, then I'll contact "Dr J" and explain what we're up to when the time comes to go to Subic.  If he confirms we'll need to repeat the quarantine drill, we may just decide to take the easy road and go do it.  Being retired, we have the time to work it without any other impacts, so we're pretty loose about things - we'll just do what we have to do.  At the least we'll have some defined steps and get some of the uncertainty out of the effort.  

When we get to Subic ("when" not "if"), hope I can look you up and buy you and yours dinner one evening.

Yes, things might loosen up by then too.  I will keep you posted with any news.  I still have not heard back from my contact at Camayan.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Well I’m back home since last night, landed in Manila at almost 4am and had my Covid results back by 2:30pm the same day, 3 hours in EDSA traffic and another 1.5 home. We have a new maid, I think my wife searched the whole Philippines for the ugliest woman and asked her if she wanted to be our maid, no other qualifications required. It’s good to be back anyway.

So you are now on home quarantine for 14 days or so?

• Like 1