AT LAST! the UK gives in to us ( mainly for UK Members on Pensions) including USA life proof, skype and Viber calls and inventions plus price of fish in China coming soon.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I never heard of sending a passport by snail mail.  At least not in the last 30 years.  Especially in the Philippines.

Scheduled domestic flights and cargo services may be suspended in some areas, but most likely some of the domestic couriers are still able to operate, with delays.  Goods still have to flow in and out.  If you called a local courier, they could give you a status on their services.

For International, all the big guys have dedicated cargo flights, and the embassies would be using those.

Huh - how do you get your old passport back to the passport office which is a requirement for UK passport holders and I suspect many others?  You sure can't email it! Snail mail does include courier mail as well - if it's not electronic it's snail.

• I'm Confused 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Huh - how do you get your old passport back to the passport office which is a requirement for UK passport holders and I suspect many others?  You sure can't email it! Snail mail does include courier mail as well - if it's not electronic it's snail.

Now I get it, you are combining A courier service with snail mail! The two are different obviously. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

For International, all the big guys have dedicated cargo flights, and the embassies would be using those.

OOps see ne Post please, I did a Foo par

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes of Course, but with NO Air or Sea Travel from Dumaguete How does it get to Manila or Cebu to get the Big Boys Toys:smile: 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Now I get it, you are combining A courier service with snail mail! The two are different obviously. 

Not in my book, or dictionary. It's either electronic or it's snail. And, given an email to the UK will arrive within a matter of seconds whilst a package sent by courier will be up to a week it's easy to see why it's snail mail.

Anyway, we're drifting off topic now.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes of Course, but with NO Air or Sea Travel from Dumaguete How does it get to Manila or Cebu to get the Big Boys Toys:smile: 

Quite Jack, quite.

Regardless, a UK passport application does not route via the embassy in Manilla anyway (that I'm aware of) so that's irrelevant to us Brits.

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Without Air or sea Travel I can't see how any International courier can Operate, As I say maybe on Cebu or Luzon as they are both Operating International Travel, Regular Commercial Air and Sea Travel is suspended on Negros Oriental

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1114307

Jack, we are sending goods to Bacolod and Dumaguete on a regular basis using JRS, so couriers are operating. The will not deliver direct to the home address, but you can pick up at their office.

What's your order, business has been slow for 6 months :smile:

Edited by Gas

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Gas said:

Jack, we are sending goods to Bacolod and Dumaguete on a regular basis using JRS,

Yes Gas but that is the Same Island albeit different Province but the same Island what is needed is an International route over the sea to Manila, As you may know Bacalod is at this time under Total Lockdown 

Edited by Jack Peterson

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Gas but that is the Same Island albeit different Province but the same Island

I thought you lived in Dumaguete?  I know passenger flights are not moving, as one of our sewers went home just before lockdown, as hasn't made it back. 

Edited by Gas

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gas said:

I thought you lived in Dumaguete?  

I do, Look, we all know that couriers have Movement BUT Dumaguete Airport and Seaports do not have Plane or Vessel Movement. In Order to get  International Courier service it has to get to Manila or Cebu and with the Province on Air and Sea Travel suspended, it just can't be done