Older gullible Foreigners + young attractive Filipinas = $?

Gustoko Lahat
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2021 at 7:19 AM, Snowy79 said:

There was an investigative journalist show on Filipino TV about a year ago highlighting how scamming is a growing industry now.  There's even crime gangs setting up call centres with girls on shifts.  At times they were pairing the girls up to make it authentic that the girl was open about the relationship and had told her friend all about him.  They were making a fortune.  One scam was getting the girls to convince a foreigner to join a paying dating site as they could send more intimate photos.  Everyone she hooked she got a cut.

Obviously being the Philippines all this TV show has shown is how easy it is to make money off a fool.  I'd think the amount of scammers would have multiplied massively after the show was aired.  The smart ones were asking for small sums like 100 peso load so they could chat more, when in reality they were using free wifi and getting ten to 20 guys sending 100 peso every day.  They then sell the load on. 

Truth be told you can't blame them as there's no welfare here and for some it's that or selling their body, at times with family pressure.  I lived around a prominant area where there were plenty of hunter girls scamming tourist.  I'd see sweet and innocent girls turn up from the province who were literaly shaking as they walked into the bar and spoke only basic English, two months later they'd drink the guys under the tables and have two or three tourists per day. It opened my eyes and I'll admit changed my attitude to relationships.  I never once slept with a bar girl or hunter but I knew many as aquaintences and they were very open about what they did. 

The sad thing is even armed with advice I still have had a few of my mates scammed, most for only a few thousand peso but a couple for a whole load more.

My experiences with this item ...

- Once upon a time, 3-4 decades ago, I was looking for an Asian wife. I advertised in a "catholic" paper and got 45 letters. About ten asked for money in letter 1, some waited untill letter 2 or 3. At last I invited a woman as a tourist to my country, she stayd 3 months. Together we went to the government for a visum because of marriage and there were no problems wit me or with her, so she got a permanent visum. But had to go back to her country to receive that visum. So she did. And we planned the date of our wedding.  She received her visum and one week before our weddingday she called me and said, in 3 days I will be with you and we will be together for ever. But ... that was the last time, she never showed up, even did not call anymore. I had to cancel the wedding the day one day before!  The wedding cake I could not cancel so I still have it in the freezer, is for sale, not too expensive. Interested? I never was angry on her for doing this. By connections later I heard she was in love with somebody European but this guy was not able to support her and could not take care for her, so no visum.  So she used "my" visum to be with him. Like said, I was not angry about that. Everybody fights for his / her luck. I understand. But I'm angry she never warned me (after she received her visum) to tell me the truth. Again, she never contacted me anymore. 

- Another, very different experience. In my favorit bar in Ermita ( I belonged already to the furniture, together with my coffee). One evening a Philippine young couples comes into the bar. Strange, this place is much too expensive for young Philippine couples. They did not order a drink and went through the bar talking with every Filipina. Too they handed them a small leaf of paper with some copied text. So when they left I ask one of the bar "free lancers" which I know well, what was that? So, the Filipina's were asked to join a dating site for dating foreigners, menbership for the ladie free, for the "Americano" (best translate it as western guy) 16 USD a month. As long as the man stays dating (of course that needs paying his membership) she would keep receiving her share, being 4 USD a month. The funny part was ... it does not matter who you are, a young female, a woman and her parents or brother or boyfriend. Even lolo and lola (grandfather and grandmother). Just take a picture from a nice woman and keep him busy texting and paying. 

These are negative experiences, and that is why I want to tell you, I met so many, even most,, wonderfull Filipina women (character). Even most of the free lancers. And some of them beautiful too. 

The best I read in this topic is ... go there. For long time or go several times. And go around. In malls, in bar and restaurant, cantina and eatery. Invite them to a coffee, an icecream or a Jollibee or Chow King meal. Anywhere WHERE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE. So she will feel safe. Give your luck a chance. Good luck and enjoy! 

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Gustoko Lahat said:

My experiences with this item ...

- Once upon a time, 3-4 decades ago, I was looking for an Asian wife. I advertised in a "catholic" paper and got 45 letters. About ten asked for money in letter 1, some waited untill letter 2 or 3. At last I invited a woman as a tourist to my country, she stayd 3 months. Together we went to the government for a visum because of marriage and there were no problems wit me or with her, so she got a permanent visum. But had to go back to her country to receive that visum. So she did. And we planned the date of our wedding.  She received her visum and one week before our weddingday she called me and said, in 3 days I will be with you and we will be together for ever. But ... that was the last time, she never showed up, even did not call anymore. I had to cancel the wedding the day one day before!  The wedding cake I could not cancel so I still have it in the freezer, is for sale, not too expensive. Interested? I never was angry on her for doing this. By connections later I heard she was in love with somebody European but this guy was not able to support her and could not take care for her, so no visum.  So she used "my" visum to be with him. Like said, I was not angry about that. Everybody fights for his / her luck. I understand. But I'm angry she never warned me (after she received her visum) to tell me the truth. Again, she never contacted me anymore. 

- Another, very different experience. In my favorit bar in Ermita ( I belonged already to the furniture, together with my coffee). One evening a Philippine young couples comes into the bar. Strange, this place is much too expensive for young Philippine couples. They did not order a drink and went through the bar talking with every Filipina. Too they handed them a small leaf of paper with some copied text. So when they left I ask one of the bar "free lancers" which I know well, what was that? So, the Filipina's were asked to join a dating site for dating foreigners, menbership for the ladie free, for the "Americano" (best translate it as western guy) 16 USD a month. As long as the man stays dating (of course that needs paying his membership) she would keep receiving her share, being 4 USD a month. The funny part was ... it does not matter who you are, a young female, a woman and her parents or brother or boyfriend. Even lolo and lola (grandfather and grandmother). Just take a picture from a nice woman and keep him busy texting and paying. 

These are negative experiences, and that is why I want to tell you, I met so many, even most,, wonderfull Filipina women (character). Even most of the free lancers. And some of them beautiful too. 

The best I read in this topic is ... go there. For long time or go several times. And go around. In malls, in bar and restaurant, cantina and eatery. Invite them to a coffee, an icecream or a Jollibee or Chow King meal. Anywhere WHERE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE. So she will feel safe. Give your luck a chance. Good luck and enjoy! 

I'm guessing the same scan of trying to get foreigners to join dating sites is still going as about 8 yrs ago I tried a couple of sites and had lots of girls trying to convince me to join other pay sites, saying they can send me unrestricted photos from the other site. I never took any up on the offer as I figured they were recruiting. 

As for the other girl and using you for a visa a friend of my partner's cousin had a similar thing. Her cousin was married to a Polish guy and he convinced his friend to come to the Philippines. He met a girl who swore she loved him. He was still of working age so he arranged for her to get a Shengan visa to join him in Poland. Once everything was sorted, flights booked and spending money sent she apparently landed in Poland and took a train to Germany to meet a German that she was in love with. 

Seven months later she's back in the Philippines having been kicked out by the German and she got back in touch with the Polish guy and is now engaged to him. What could possibly go wrong? :bonk:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gustoko Lahat
Posted
Posted

Yes, Snowy 79, I agree, what can go wrong ... ??

Let's say it this way .... you can not become a experienced person without experiening anything. Like life lessons, hopefully not too expensive or very damaging. to your mental health.  

• Like 2