Older gullible Foreigners + young attractive Filipinas = $?

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Agreed. It's very hard for me, too, as I am an extroverted person and I live mingling with people. Unfortunately some of the people I met in Davao saw that need for friends as a weakness and tried to take advantage. Most failed, some succeeded.

Mr Gandang please understand you do not have a monopoly on this, many of us have experienced similar, not just here but even at home.

For the naive it can be a trap, I am currently dealing with a friend (He is extremely bright) whom met a girl on FB 2 years ago. Fast forward he has spoit her rotten, in excess of 35 million Pesos, Xmas was a brand new Hi Lux.......Like so often the more one gives the....Now he is suicidal, unfortunately lives in Hong Kong.... 

This example could be any where, not just here although the attraction so many seniors have to pretty young Filipinas does make the vulnerable. 

Edited by Old55
Split into a new topic.
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, RBM said:

Mr Gandang please understand you do not have a monopoly on this, many of us have experienced similar, not just here but even at home.

For the naive it can be a trap, I am currently dealing with a friend (He is extremely bright) whom met a girl on FB 2 years ago. Fast forward he has spoit her rotten, in excess of 35 million Pesos, Xmas was a brand new Hi Lux.......Like so often the more one gives the....Now he is suicidal, unfortunately lives in Hong Kong.... 

This example could be any where, not just here although the attraction so many seniors have to pretty young Filipinas does make the vulnerable. 

Unfortunately this occurs more often than it should. I hope your friend is able to move on from this situation and have a good life.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Unfortunately this occurs more often than it should. I hope your friend is able to move on from this situation and have a good life.

My friend has an IQ of 140 plus.....goes to show just how vulnerable we can be when charmed by a beautiful young Filipina.

• Like 4

Shady
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

met a girl on FB 2 years ago. Fast forward he has spoit her rotten

That's the better question; how many expats here met a Filipina online, traveled halfway around the planet for the first time just to meet her, and end up happy with her?

10%?  It almost never works for a few reasons. The girl (and her family) aren't just counting the many days until his arrival, they're planning all the new things he can buy. And the guy, when he arrives, is immediately surrounded by a sea of single women who are interested in him...but he's already stuck with one. Worse, he may not even notice the sea simply because the one he's stuck with is so much better than his past.

Never a good idea, you'd have as much success buying a house or starting a business here before arriving. Yet that initial online love-connection will always remain a big reason expats end up here. Live and learn.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

I know, I know... Nothing new...the lure of a pretty young girl to a man more than twice her age, who has probably spent the last 10+ years in solitude and social/sexual starvation :wink:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

I know, I know... Nothing new...the lure of a pretty young girl to a man more than twice her age, who has probably spent the last 10+ years in solitude and social/sexual starvation :wink:

Say, you wouldn't have have her email or phone number would you? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Say, you wouldn't have have her email or phone number would you? Asking for a friend.

I thought you had found your kindred spirit already :smile:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

I thought you had found your kindred spirit already :smile:

I have. Humor my friend. 

• Like 1