Older gullible Foreigners + young attractive Filipinas = $?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Truth be told you can't blame them as there's no welfare here and for some it's that or selling their body, at times with family pressure.

I'm not so heartless as to not see your point, Snowy, but I feel that we shouldn't be justifying such highly immoral behaviour.  In many ways, the girl (or boy) selling their body on the streets is far more noble as it's upfront and transparent. Now, we can get into the forced prostitution chat etc but that's a different argument for a different day.

As I say, I'm not without sympathy for the plight of many people here, but the vast majority choose a path that doesn't involve effectively defrauding people who may well be no better off than you or I - in many cases worse off.  

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Heeb said:

Many years ago before I got stationed here I tried the penpal thing, can't remember the name of the service

Hey shipmate, possibly the Cherry Blossoms dating site?  As you may know, many of the ladies are scammers.  Of course they are.  They learned those tricks from the master scammers, the foreigners.  Especially the Asian foreigners.  

• Haha 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Heeb said:

Last year she talked him into sending 200k to start a cantina, she actually did open a cantina but put no effort into making it work, it lasted two weeks, they just got drunk every night and slept all day. The man flew out to P.I. in December 2019 to meat her but of course she didn't show, on to the next sucker.

I hope you're talking about 200K Pesos, not Euros :unsure:

7 hours ago, Heeb said:

My wife's house in Laguna is basically a crash pad for this behavior, it comes to life late at night as this is the best time to chat with the foreigners and my nieces use the free wifi that we pay for.

Not surprising!

Edited by Gandang Smile

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Heeb said:

I have several nieces that do the online foreigner boyfriend thing, it's can be very profitable. One of them had an Italian guy sending her money, the truth is she totally misrepresented herself, she has two kids and a Filipino boyfriend whom she lives with in my wife's Laguna house. Last year she talked him into sending 200k to start a cantina, she actually did open a cantina but put no effort into making it work, it lasted two weeks, they just got drunk every night and slept all day. The man flew out to P.I. in December 2019 to meat her but of course she didn't show, on to the next sucker. My wife's house in Laguna is basically a crash pad for this behavior, it comes to life late at night as this is the best time to chat with the foreigners and my nieces use the free wifi that we pay for.

Wow, and are you still are paying for her WiFi to run her business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 1/6/2021 at 9:42 PM, Gandang Smile said:

9 out of 10 of the retirees I asked where they met their wives, always replied "dating site", "marriage agency", and the likes.

I've got various radio and electronic interests and qualifications and a friend of mine is a filipino radio journalist and radio show host.  I was introduced to her by my friend with the words "this is the only one I'd recommend for you Geoffrey".

Still very happy (abeit stuck in aussie by closed borders due to coming back to sell an investment property).

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I've got various radio and electronic interests and qualifications and a friend of mine is a filipino radio journalist and radio show host.  I was introduced to her by my friend with the words "this is the only one I'd recommend for you Geoffrey".

Still very happy (abeit stuck in aussie by closed borders due to coming back to sell an investment property).

That's interesting! I too had a couple years of infatuation for the citizen band when I was 17. I had Internet but it was on a modem and phone line, no audio apps. Chatting with my friends until the wee hours of the morning for free was a dream :dance:

Was your friend down in Oz? Was that in the pre-Internet era?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

*edit*

I'd rather not talk about the details honestly.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, Heeb said:

I have several nieces that do the online foreigner boyfriend thing, it's can be very profitable. One of them had an Italian guy sending her money, the truth is she totally misrepresented herself, she has two kids and a Filipino boyfriend whom she lives with in my wife's Laguna house. Last year she talked him into sending 200k to start a cantina, she actually did open a cantina but put no effort into making it work, it lasted two weeks, they just got drunk every night and slept all day. The man flew out to P.I. in December 2019 to meat her but of course she didn't show

Your friend should thank her for his first valuable life lesson on "trust" specifically "trusting Filipinas".

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, stevewool said:

Wow, and are you still are paying for her WiFi to run her business.

He's on 15% commission!

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2021 at 9:31 PM, stevewool said:

The man flew out to P.I. in December 2019 to meat her

:unsure: 

• Haha 4