Older gullible Foreigners + young attractive Filipinas = $?

Terry P
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gandang Smile said:

Happy you didn't choke on your lunch thinking of your favourite Filipino basher :huh:

Didn't cross my mind

Do you want to continue?

Shady
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, baronapart said:

I visited a total of 4 times--two or three weeks at a time before she came here.

Fiance visa? Seems like a short amount of time for all their requirements, that must have been a fun process.

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Shady said:

Fiance visa? Seems like a short amount of time for all their requirements, that must have been a fun process.

Fiance visa. She arrived 03-2019. Absolutely smooth process. No problems. Now with Covid the process is a mess.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Anyone know where this Topic is going?

Gave up at page 5 and skipped to page 10

7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

We all cannot get on with everyone but show a little respect or better still if you don’t like what the other has to say , best bet don’t reply .
Just my pennies worth so don’t take offence 

The best advice so far........... in the words of Jake......Triple like :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Anyone know where this Topic is going?

Gave up at page 5 and skipped to page 10

The best advice so far........... in the words of Jake......Triple like :thumbsup:

Some people here seem to take whatever comments on the typical defects of certain (not all) Filipinos as personal insults. 

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

0k I'll give you my call since you asked for it.

My call is that you piss off, almost every post you make is attacking Gandang Smile. Generally on this forum we have a system that tends to work, if you dont like the topic or post from a topic then just move on to the next topic. I don't agree with all his comments but there are plenty I do agree with. I personally feel shamed that you are from the UK like myself, you come across as a mealy mouthed snide. 

This is the second topic which you have attacked over and over. As you said yourself, other people read this forum, actually people globally read this forum and as members we have a duty to the forum to behave in a respectful manner to each other which you continually fail to achieve. I do not ever recall myself writing to another member in my 5 plus years here on this forum in this manner, however as I said to you on the previous topic in which you was attacking Gandang Smile,  maybe your 6 months here is enough and you should just quit the forum, I think Facebook or something similar is more appropriate for your troublemaking garbage.

@Eddie1

Thanks a lot for taking my side and introducing some balance.

I don't want to add petrol to the fire but I think that, at this point, I can see the chasm loud and clear.

I probably have too much cynicism in me and perhaps these ad-hoc controversial topics succeeded in unleashing it like rarely before, on a public forum at least.

But see, my cynicism doesn't come from nowhere. Surely it doesn't come from a personality trait (whoever knows me IRL knows I am cheerful and extroverted all the time). It comes from having sampled all of the goods and the bads of this society, on my very skin.

If someone in here wants to enjoy their lovely Filipino soulmate in the comfort of their home country, I am all for it. More power to everyone, their beatiful wives and children and the wonderful life they built around them! I have myself just married someone who gave the ultimate Meaning to my life and I know as much as you and everyone else here, the effect that the right woman has to a man's life.

With all these nice things to bring home, it's probably easy to forget that one less Filipina in the Philippines and one more in the UK (US, etc.) doesn't change the fundamental structure of the Philippine society. The problems endemic to this people will remain no matter what we happy foreigners think.

It's a fact that there are massive levels of complacency, corruption and greed at every level of society, from the family to the Senate.

It's a fact that white lies are not a taboo because they help "save face" and sneak out of whatever embarrassing situations some of these people put themselves in. This is why so many women are happy to take advantage of multiple men on "distance relationships", shamelessly. This is why everyone who begs for money will then vehemently deny it if you bring it up in a conversation with someone who knows them.

It's a fact that quality and depth of human relationships don't seem to mean much to many of these people. It can't be explained otherwise why the same person who is laughing with you over a few beers one day will be happy to backstab you the day after, because you refused to "loan" him some money, or simply because that's what he really thinks of you. Or why the same family that looks serene and cohesive will split bitterly and even kill each other over money and inheritance matter.

These facts and more are not something I talk about with a sense of snobbishness or superiority. It's bitter realisations that blew up, bit by bit, the edifice of confidence and, well, love I had for these people.

So if you guys want to continue to think that this Paradise on Earth because this is where you met the Love of your Life and this is where you spent some of the most memorable days of your life, be my guest. You will probably be able to believe it for as long as you keep yourself "under the radar", if not back home.

If you have any interest in knowing what it is like when the pixie dust settles and you start seeing what's chocolate and what's s*it, that's what I can offer you. And even then, it's an opinion. Nobody here is paying me to say A or B. I have no interest nor benefit in telling you A or B.

If you don't want to hear it and prefer to call me names, I am happy to leave.

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Some people here seem to take whatever comments on the typical defects of certain (not all) Filipinos as personal insults. 

If I may say so Gandang ( with a Smile )

Your observations in some cases are perfectly accurate, however some things are best unsaid.

I presume you have never been hungry, never been broke or worried where the next weeks rent is coming from.

correct me if I'm wrong.

By your own admission, it would also appear you have had your share of the Filippino Ladies before now settling down.

What would Mamma think having read some of your adventures in Philippines ?

There's a saying "Theres no fool like an old fool" but that's the same the world over.

Question; Why are men who sleep around considered a Stud, yet Women who do the same are considered a Whore?

Like I said some things are best left unsaid, if only out of respect for a persons disposition / circumstances.

I can see there are two sides to you,  I wish you well once again, your last post just threw me again!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 4
  • Love it 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

0k I'll give you my call since you asked for it.

My call is that you piss off, almost every post you make is attacking Gandang Smile. Generally on this forum we have a system that tends to work, if you dont like the topic or post from a topic then just move on to the next topic. I don't agree with all his comments but there are plenty I do agree with. I personally feel shamed that you are from the UK like myself, you come across as a mealy mouthed snide. 

This is the second topic which you have attacked over and over. As you said yourself, other people read this forum, actually people globally read this forum and as members we have a duty to the forum to behave in a respectful manner to each other which you continually fail to achieve. I do not ever recall myself writing to another member in my 5 plus years here on this forum in this manner, however as I said to you on the previous topic in which you was attacking Gandang Smile,  maybe your 6 months here is enough and you should just quit the forum, I think Facebook or something similar is more appropriate for your troublemaking garbage. 

Thanks Eddie

I replied to the constant attack in every post towards the people you live among

Rather than mealy mouthed it was direct

Point in question if you want to listen to the rhetoric with rejuvenated confidence read the last one