Older gullible Foreigners + young attractive Filipinas = $?

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kuya John said:

If I may say so Gangang ( with a Smile )

Your observations in some cases are perfectly accurate, however some things are best unsaid.

I presume you have never been hungry, never been broke or worried where the next weeks rent is coming from.

correct me if I'm wrong.

By your own admission, it would also appear you have had your share of the Filippino Ladies before now settling down.

What would Mamma think having read some of your adventures in Philippines ?

There's a saying "Theres no fool like an old fool" but that's the same the world over.

Question; Why are men who sleep around considered a Stud, yet Women who do the same are considered a Whore?

Like I said some things are best left unsaid, if only out of respect for a person disposition / circumstances.

I can see there are two sides to you,  I wish you well once again, your last post just threw me again!

I am not sure what "the two sides of me" are, though :smile: I wouldn't consider myself a stud or a "manwh*re" for wanting to meet different girls, instead of stopping at the first one chosen from an online catalogue.

You guys really think I dated 100s of women and broke 100s of hearts?

Thanks for the advice anyway. I will dial down the tone of my stories about women not to hurt anybody's sensitivity.

• Like 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TerryP said:

I replied to the constant attack in every post towards the people you live among

How I can tell that the people I live among (the Filipinos) are probably not the people you live among (the Brits).

In Italy we have a nice, if cheeky, saying about your situation: "everybody's gay with another's bottom". Easy to patronise and defend everybody here without getting much exposure about what they really do, day by day.

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

instead of stopping at the first one chosen from an online catalogue.

Why are you assuming that forum members used a online catalogue?

Quite a large number of members here met their loved ones before they ever touch a key board or own a computer!

I personally had neither a computer or a mobile phone when I started to converse with my wife of 17 years.

It was through a Christian Pen Pals club and my Filipino work mate that I travelled to Philippines in 2000.

As for sensitivity, you have not said anything we haven't heard before, we just have more respect for our host Country and it's people, to insult them, as my wife once pointed out there is no  difference between Philippines and the Western Countries, it's just Westerners are more discreet!!! 

( or should be )

Edited by Kuya John
  • Love it 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

How I can tell that the people I live among (the Filipinos) are probably not the people you live among (the Brits).

In Italy we have a nice, if cheeky, saying about your situation: "everybody's gay with another's bottom". Easy to patronise and defend everybody here without getting much exposure about what they really do, day by day.

Best start another topic on this matter and give these guys some peace. Or better still button it while you're ahead

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

Fiance visa? Seems like a short amount of time for all their requirements, that must have been a fun process.

That’s the way we went through, looking back so easy , but at the time nerve wracking 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Why are you assuming that forum members used a online catalogue?

Quite a large number of members here met their loved ones before they ever touch a key board or own a computer!

I personally had neither a computer or a mobile phone when I started to converse with my wife of 17 years.

It was through a Christian Pen Pals club and my Filipino work mate that I travelled to Philippines in 2000.

I think we're splitting hair. By online catalogue I mean "from a distance" as opposed to being here.

8 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

As for sensitivity, you have not said anything we haven't heard before, we just have more respect for our host Country

and it's people, to insult them, as my once pointed out there is no  difference between Philippines and the Western Countries, it's just Westerners are more discreet!!!  ( or should be )

That was my state of mind when I arrived here in 2015. Respect and love for my new "host country", the beautiful Land of the Morning.

Fast forward to 2021 and I have fully reverted to the only thing that makes sense: to love and respect people not because I am a guest, or they have black or white skin, or they are from the Philippines or Lesotho. To love and respect them if they are lovely and respectable people.

Many of the Filipinos I met are lovely and respectable people and I have no problem loving and respecting them, if there was an opportunity to engage with them more often and at a deeper level, as friends.

Many others Filipinos I met are not worth my love and respect, and not out of snobbishness but because I know they wouldn't be good people to anyone, be it their own family member or a stranger from a Western country.

I am not insulting Filipinos. I am criticising them, the same way most good Filipinos do. In fact, the better ones actually struggle to change this society, from within. That's something I would never be able to do, as a mere guest, and it's the thing I would respect the most.

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When this argument thread is over, would someone please post a scorecard about who won? :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

See you in the 19th hole 👍👍👍

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Best start another topic on this matter and give these guys some peace. Or better still button it while you're ahead

:lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When this argument thread is over, would someone please post a scorecard about who won? :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

Liverpool 3 West Ham 1......:hystery: only joking Eddie

• Haha 1