Overstayers and undocumented Tourists caught out

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not in Iloilo GS! :whistling:

Don't be Ilongo* please LOL

* (ask your wife what it means, if you don't know already)

Edited by Gandang Smile

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Oh you live in Iloilo, just noticed...beautiful city, well-run, progressive. I wouldn't be surprised if the City government did something cheap and efficient to accommodate frontliners and then the more exposed citizens. Not sure what if the policy would privilege locals over foreigners...

It is as good a place as any to live, and better than some.  The cost of the 600,000 vaccines is not actually prohibitive - 18M dollars is not beyond the reach IF you can get enough support from the business community and the richer families.  It sounds like he was able to do do.

Let's see.

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It is as good a place as any to live, and better than some.  The cost of the 600,000 vaccines is not actually prohibitive - 18M dollars is not beyond the reach IF you can get enough support from the business community and the richer families.  It sounds like he was able to do do.

Let's see.

These kinds of smart, proactive moves, are what they told me to expect from the Iloilo local government.

I am impressed, but then not. For all the noise the Davaoenos made during Duterte's campaign, about how safe and progressive Davao City has been under Rody, when I visited Iloilo I noticed that everything about it is smarter, classier, cleaner, more efficient...and they don't even make such a fuss about it.

I'd love to move there one day... My wife inherited a land in Mandurriao. Let's see if I can convince her... :wink:

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gandang Smile said:

These kinds of smart, proactive moves, are what they told me to expect in Iloilo. I am impressed but then not. For all the noise the Davaoenos did during Duterte's campaign, about how safe and progressive Davao City has been, when I visited Iloilo I noticed that everything about it is smarter, classier, cleaner, more efficient...and they don't even make such a fuss about it.

I'd love to move there one day... My wife inherited a land in Mandurriao. Let's see if I can convince her... :wink:

As I say, it's not the worst place to be.  I'm sure there are better but it's fine for us. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Explorer said:

"vaccine certificate"... LOL... People who got vaccinated still need to wear a face mask, social distance and according to the CDC, need to get a PCR test 72 hours before flying into the US.

Vaccination is only one part of the layered defence against Covid, it is reasonable to maintain the others whilst the vaccine is still circulating.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Covid become a seasonable disease eventually with vaccination being something taken by older citizens on a yearly basis (in the same way that Hong Kong flu did after 1967).

But that is years off.

That doesn't mean that vaccine certificates (or vaccine visas if you prefer) won't be required for international travel, many airlines have already said that they'll be requiring them on certain routes in the near future.

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

I am pretty sure the private clinics will offer a "fast track" for paying foreigners (and wealthy locals).

When the first batches of Covid PCR testing kits arrived in Manila, I remember some Chinese private hospitals offering them for $150 USD a piece.

Private PCR tests are available worldwide and have been since the start.

Vaccine is a totally different issue

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

If it's the Sinovac they have over here, it's only 50% effective. Heads, you're protected, tails, you're not. Heads, you get some side effects, tails, you don't... :smile:

Is Your Fish Oil Made in China? Part 3 - OmegaVia

Everything I've read regarding vaccine purchases either by government, local or national and private companies has been with the likes of pfizer or moderna but predominantly with Astra Zeneca that is their preference

Chinese vaccines are mentioned as a little aside with no deals announced

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Come on guys how did this go from Immigration to Vaccine :89:

• Thanks 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Come on guys how did this go from Immigration to Vaccine :89:

Haven't got a clue Jack

I was asleep at the time 🥱🥱🥱

Terry P
Posted
Posted

Just a thought

With all this yearly registration going on right now has anyone asked any questions about the overstay issue with your local friendly officials

May not be the official line but maybe an indication of how this issue is going to pan out