Discrimination or new normal?

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Then you will most likely need to get used to the new normal or learn how to survive as this is life now. Believe it or not.

If you're happy about this kind of new normal, you might be pleased to know your home country (Australia) is scrambling to be "more normal" than most...

--

Australia Could Force Citizens To Report Their Location On-Demand Via Government Tracking App

The government of South Australia is running a trial for a system that could eventually force citizens to take a photo of themselves via a government app to report their location on demand within 15 minutes of authorities requesting it, or face a police investigation.

Yes, really.

The revelation was highlighted in an Atlantic piece by Conor Friedersdorf which questions whether Australia can still call itself a liberal democracy in light of the crippling restrictions it has placed on its own population.

With no end in sight for the lifting of the country’s brutal lockdown, Aussies could face even more invasive state intrusion into their private lives under the justification of stopping the spread of the virus.

The South Australian government is preparing to roll out an app that “will contact people at random asking them to provide proof of their location within 15 minutes,” according to reports.

If people refuse to report their location or are unable to do so, police are then dispatched to hunt them down.

“We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” said Premier Steven Marshall.

This is barely much different from literally fitting people with electronic ankle bracelets that track their every movement like prisoners under home arrest, a policy that was actually considered by Australian authorities earlier this year.

“No matter your views of COVID, what’s happening in Australia is alarming, extreme and dangerous,” remarked journalist Glenn Greenwald.

As we have exhaustively highlighted, Australia has enforced one of the most draconian lockdowns in the world in an effort to pursue a disastrous ‘zero COVID’ strategy.

Last month, the Premier of Victoria asserted that authorities “won’t hesitate” to go “door-to-door” to carry out mandatory COVID tests on Australians.

Aussies were also ordered not to talk to each other, even while wearing masks, while people who merely post anti-lockdown information online could also face fines of up to $11,000 dollars under an absurdly authoritarian new law.

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
Just now, graham59 said:

Not unlike being required to have a sight test, before being given a driving licence...and then of course being required to show that, upon request by the authorities...should you wish to drive anywhere. :89: 

A sight test doesn't involve injecting anything experimental or untested into my veins, though.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Well, it's a typical human tendency, to pack anybody who doesn't subscribe to a specific mainstream narrative into the same big box of flat Earthers, Reptilian-believers and such.

Most people who die from Covid are not vaccinated. But how many in total? Are we really sure it's been worth halting the world economy, to tens of trillion dollars of damage, and imposing draconian "no vax, no life" measures?

I have nothing against the vaccine per se. It's one's legitimate choice to get the jab, as it is not to. For the nth time, what I am against, and vehemently against, is the weaponisation of this choice (or non-choice) for political agendas. This is not a sign of democracy. It's a sign of an authoritarian drift.

Most people don't understand that so-called "no vax" are, really, just "pro-choice".

Yep and its people like you that put others at risk. Do you not ever read where people die and wish they were not so stupid? 

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yep and its people like you that put others at risk. Do you not ever read where people die and wish they were not so stupid? 

Vaccinated people can and do spread Covid. Are they stupid, too?

I have also been reading about a lot of people getting permanent impairments or dropping dead after getting the jab. Perhaps I should wish these people weren't so wise...  

Edited by Gandang Smile

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

experimental or untested

Haha.... you're a funny guy. 

Keep them coming. :mocking:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, graham59 said:

Haha.... you're a funny guy. 

Keep them coming. :mocking:

Yes Doc :mocking:

Edited by Gandang Smile

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gandang Smile said:

Yes Doc

Yes, I am actually, but may I get back to you on this when I have less time ?  :thumbsup:

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
Just now, graham59 said:

Yes, I am actually, but may I get back to you on this when I have less time ?  :thumbsup:

Sure, but be quick: might not be long before I am banned :smile:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Vaccinated people can and do spread Covid. Are they stupid, too?

I have also been reading about a lot of people getting permanent impairments or dropping dead after getting the jab. Perhaps I should wish these people weren't so wise...  

This is where your argument diminishes. Yes and anyone with  a half of brain knows vaccine's will not prevent you from covid but will help with how you can manage it. Permanent impairments must come from Mr idiots blog as I have not heard of it and I read a lot. This debate is getting old. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Sure, but be quick: might not be long before I am banned :smile:

I'm looking at our idiot policy and our reptilian member policy but so far you are safe.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic