Gov't beefs up monitoring of foreign retirees in PH

graham59
Posted
Posted

I'm assuming this has been brought about by the cheating Chinese POGO people... 'retiring' at 35, or whatever nonsense they can get away with ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, perhaps the Phils could do with us horrid poriners showing them how to WORK and actually make some money for the country in the process, rather than staring at a phone for most of the day, or stealing the money out of the taxpayers' till.   :no:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gator said:

“…….

the exchange of information/data will be done quarterly via electronic mail or other forms of data transmission……”

Aka the bamboo telegraph 🤣

FaceBook my friend.

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The SRRV is a lifetime visa and its holders are exempt from Bureau of Immigration requirements. SRRV-holders are also eligible to work, study or invest in the Philippines. https://pra.gov.ph/

Which is what I was advised however recently it seems that Bureau of Immigration are starting to impose conditions upon the SRRV (or at least upon holders of  it)... which is exactly being "exempt from Bureau of Immigration requirements".

• 2 months later...
Gustav
Posted
Posted
On 12/13/2021 at 3:52 AM, GeoffH said:

Which means that the SRRV is again being treated as a lesser Visa to the 13a, first it was 13a were allowed entry before SRRV and now it's 13a have less work restrictions.  Not exactly encouraging innformation for people seeking to get an SRRV.

Greetings. I am new here. At some point my wife (a national) and I are talking about moving back to the Philippines. At first, I thought an SRRV would be the route I would go but does it make more sense to get a 13a?

And what are the different visa types I could get?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Gustav said:

There are not many options if you want to stay long term. 13a for married is probably the best option as you are married where a SRRV will require some investment. 

If you haven't read up on SRRV, https://pra.gov.ph/

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Gustav. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Gustav
Posted
Posted
Just now, Old55 said:

Welcome to the forum Gustav. :tiphat:

Thank you!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gustav said:

does it make more sense to get a 13a?

If you are in a happy and secure marriage then it does make more sense.  Keep in mind that there may be lots of opportunities to stray :xmas_girl:in which case an SRRV may make more sense.  Many different visa types but the most common are marriage, retirement and temporary visitor (perpetual tourist).

• Like 5

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gustav said:

Greetings. I am new here. At some point my wife (a national) and I are talking about moving back to the Philippines. At first, I thought an SRRV would be the route I would go but does it make more sense to get a 13a?

Welcome from me and my 3 dogs, the members here I find are a good bunch who are only more than happy to answer your questions, no matter whether you think silly or not.

I have never seeked answers to marital problems here, so can’t help you with that.

cheers

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you are in a happy and secure marriage then it does make more sense.  Keep in mind that there may be lots of opportunities to stray :xmas_girl:in which case an SRRV may make more sense.  Many different visa types but the most common are marriage, retirement and temporary visitor (perpetual tourist).

If you "stray" the type of visa you have could well be the least of your problems. :9436:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 4