Gov't beefs up monitoring of foreign retirees in PH

Possum
Posted
Posted

The agent  I worked with was great. They were very clear about the documents I had to provide. The most annoying thing was the apostille requirement. One I got that taken care of the agency passed the paper work thru quickly, in less than 30 days I had my SRRV . I had to to renew in October and contacted them concerning that. In 5 days they got everything renewed.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

If you get a representative from the PRA to deal with your application and her name is Maridelle all I'd recommend is to ask for another one. To say she was useless is an understatement.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Freebie said:

A Complaint of undesirability by your dear wife will get you sent home and deported. I know of a good few married gents who have the SRRV visa as its way, safer to have.

My tuppence on this -

Is it not the case that a complaint of undesirability can be made against any of us here, regardless of visa type? It's probably much more common with 13A guys because they're married thus any naughty behaviour or perceived naughty behaviour is going to seriously upset someone but I don't think having another visa type protects any of us from malicious actions by a local. 

I'll also go out on a limb and say that If I was concerned enough about my wife to not have a 13A then would I want to be here with her?

That said, I do agree having a 13A can leave us more vulnerable but the pros of it outweigh this, for me.

• Like 5

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2022 at 12:08 AM, Freebie said:

We all have different experiences. That's normal. Found an agent who helped me open the bank acount required ( Bank of Commerce) in 5 minutes, forms were all ready just needed a signature. She took me for medical that took 5 minutes . Visit to Govt offices for fingerprints etc took 5 minutes then to see some big cheese in an office for a signature took 10 minutes. For me, was money extremely  well spent , especially as she took me around in her car. Getting the police report from home country and having that apostilled was long and slow but otherwise with an agent my time was well spent. But others may well have a different view. That, as I said , is normal. One mans opinion is in any way better than anothers.

As for whether we get our money back if we convert to tourist. Many scare stories but not a lot of facts. I do know two guys who recently downgraded and money paid in dollars came back in pesos back into their accounts in 4-5 weeks . Happily I dont plan on downgrading for a few years so will see what the situation is then. Not having to go through the scare of 36 month visa run outs, or 30 days will be extended or not, or covid insurance and the other stuff tourists go through makes the visa of value for me. Again, we may think and view things differently.

Good info Freebie.  If you she helped you open a bank account in 5 minutes, then completed a physical in 5 minutes, and then processed you through the NBI in 5 minutes (which according to the PRA, only the Manila NBI office can conduct the clearance needed and provide the documents required by the PRA), then you've got a goldmine with this person.  If possible, please share her name and/or agency with me as I could definitely benefit from her services and/or connections.  Heck, it took me AND the agent 4 weeks just to get the NBI part done.  What a great deal you had.:cheersty:  Please share the agency name if possible.  Thanks much! 

• Like 2

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2022 at 6:41 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

You got ripped off or did it wrong. An accredited PRA marketer do not charge you for their service although l believe they are allowed. They are paid 500 peso  for each new retired member who signs up. Those who are advertising a service will charge you a fee just like visa consultants and the likes as thats how they run a business.

There are benefits for a start you dont have to exit the country every three years or extend visas throughout your stay.

https://pra.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/SIMPLIFIED-REQUIREMENT-AND-PROCEDURAL-PROCESS-FOR-THE-PAYMENT-OF-MARKETERS-FEE.pdf

Interesting Jolly.  I checked with 5 different agencies and everyone of them required the same fee.  No, I doubt I got ripped off, but I definitely paid for services I did not receive. But it's interesting to know that they are receiving a kickback from the PRA, which amounts to me paying them twice.  Oh well, as I said, my choice; my consequences.  And by the way, I'm still required to get exit clearance before I can depart the country.  Let each make their own decision and my best wishes to all. :cheersty: 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

A well known person on YouTube promoting his visa agency in Cebu wanted to charge me $1000 u.s. dollars to assist me in getting my SRRV visa.

What’s that legendary Dire Straits song “money for nothing”.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

A well known person on YouTube promoting his visa agency in Cebu wanted to charge me $1000 u.s. dollars to assist me in getting my SRRV visa.

What’s that legendary Dire Straits song “money for nothing”.

I was just doing a bit of reading on visa's and it says you have to apply for a visa before coming over, (just an ordinary 30 day visa,) that doesn't sound right, or do you have to apply for ordinary visa's now.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Clermont said:

I was just doing a bit of reading on visa's and it says you have to apply for a visa before coming over, (just an ordinary 30 day visa,) that doesn't sound right, or do you have to apply for ordinary visa's now.

Starting February 10th of this year foreign tourists can enter the Philippines without a visa and stay for 30 days visa free.   You can apply for a visa when you arrive, or during the 30 days, if you plan on staying beyond 30 days.  

• Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/1/2022 at 4:31 PM, Peaceful John said:

Interesting Jolly.  I checked with 5 different agencies and everyone of them required the same fee.  No, I doubt I got ripped off, but I definitely paid for services I did not receive. But it's interesting to know that they are receiving a kickback from the PRA, which amounts to me paying them twice.  Oh well, as I said, my choice; my consequences.  And by the way, I'm still required to get exit clearance before I can depart the country.  Let each make their own decision and my best wishes to all. :cheersty: 

Not correct info, if one has a SRRV one does not need an exit clearance. One does need a clearance from the PRA which can be done on line.

If any readers require the services of a (in my experience)  an efficient trustworthy wonderful lady please message me. I could not of believed how efficient she was.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2022 at 3:27 PM, Snowy79 said:

I agree with John, anyone using an agency is just burning money as the process is simple and ultimitely you are the only one that can get the information and medical.

What I will add though is for me as ex forces it's only $1.4k application and $1.5k deposit then $30 per year, no need for an exit certificate or exit flight either. 

My agency processed the application totally free of charge, she said the PRA pays her. In hind site I could of done it how ever she made my experience hassle free simple and easy. Would not of been the case had I gone alone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1