December Typhoon....

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Windy.com now has the eye landing in Carcar at about 11 pm.  Cebu City is probably starting to see high winds?

Stay safe!

Seems to be speeding up on Windy.  Now the eye will be just north of Carcar at 10 pm.  Speed is good.  The longer it lingers the worse the damage.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Windy.com now has the eye landing in Carcar at about 11 pm.  Cebu City is probably starting to see high winds?

Stay safe!

Bad for them but I am feeling a bit of relief.  Heavy rains here all day, power out since 16:30, winds started to blow about 18:30.

• Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

24 months ago ?????????????????????????? My girlfriend survived Yolanda and we have been together about 5 years and yolanda was before I knew her. 

I was there for Yolanda - it hit the Phil’s on Nov 7, 2013. I was also there for the earthquake that devastated Bohol - October 15 - actually had just arrived in Cebu the day before. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Haiyan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Bohol_earthquake

Hoping all are safe as this typhoon passes over. The Asawa is in southern Cebu up in the mountains with her family so I doubt I’ll hear from her until it’s over …… almost no cell phone signal even on good days. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Lot of damage outside my unit now and very noisy.  Market across the road is spread every where. No street lights so cant see full extent and to dangerous to go out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Gator
Posted
Posted

Just heard from the Asawa. Bus was late and Trikes stopped running early so she’s stuck in Ginatilan at her sister’s boarding house. A Transformer blew up nearby, so no power and lots of trees now down. Her brother in law is a first responder and he came by on the rescue truck earlier and dropped some food n water off for them. She’s not happy to be stuck near the “angry ocean” and would of course feel safer up the mountain with her son and parents. But at least safe so far 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Just heard from the Asawa. Bus was late and Trikes stopped running early so she’s stuck in Ginatilan at her sister’s boarding house. A Transformer blew up nearby, so no power and lots of trees now down. Her brother in law is a first responder and he came by on the rescue truck earlier and dropped some food n water off for them. She’s not happy to be stuck near the “angry ocean” and would of course feel safer up the mountain with her son and parents. But at least safe so far 

Lot of destruction here. Will get pictures at daylight.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A Facebook link to a typhoon victim playing his piano one last time

https://www.facebook.com/manilabulletin/videos/315196683651845

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The folks said part of the roof is gone and windows blown in. They live high up overlooking Talisay and Cebu City facing east.

• Sad 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Last we heard the entire family is Okay no cell service any more may be awhile we get updated.

Lost roof on the nice house in the hills.  All windows blown in the darn window bars were bent!!

Edited by Old55
  • Sad 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2