Looks like the Philippines is reopening

Gas
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Even at times it works out cheaper for a return ticket in some cases and thats good if one need to travel home often.

If immigration were being stricter about the return ticket it should be to country of origin, as you cannot go to Hong Kong, Singapore etc as a tourist just now. 

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Another update from Cebu Pacific who obviously know more than the public. It looks like after Feb 16th the country will open up to all countries subject to restrictions which currently aren't listed.

cebu.jpg

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Freebie said:

And can I ask what visa type were you entering on ?

Tourist (Spousal), single entry and was given 59 days on arrival, not 29 like before the pandemic. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For what it is worth, this is what the US Embassy has put out:

Event:  As of February 10, the Philippines will grant entry to fully vaccinated visitors from countries that are permitted visa-free travel, including the United States.  Fully vaccinated travelers will no longer be subject to facility-based quarantine upon arrival.  Travelers must present negative RT-PCR results from a test taken within 48 hours of departure from their country of origin and must self-monitor for symptoms for seven days after arrival, reporting to local government authorities if they begin to exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.  The Philippines recognizes the U.S. Centers for Disease Control Vaccination Card as proof of vaccination status. 

As of February 1, 2022, returning Filipinos and residents who are fully vaccinated will no longer have to quarantine, subject to the same RT-PCR testing requirements as noted above. 

Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers will be subject to quarantine in a government facility until the release of a negative RT-PCR test taken on the fifth day, followed by home quarantine until the 14th day. 

Children below the age of 18 are exempt from the vaccination requirements.

The Philippines will also retire the “red, yellow, green” country lists that previously set different entry restrictions based on country-of-origin risk level.  

Actions to Take:

·         For more information on the new Philippine entry requirements, see Executive Order No. 408 (s.1960) and Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) Resolution 159 

·         Remember to update your status with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI) before March 1, 2022.  This is an annual requirement for certain registered aliens.  You must book an appointment online.  See the BI website for more information. 

·         Monitor the Embassy’s COVID-19 information page for updates.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Freebie said:

And can I ask what visa type were you entering on ?

Really makes no difference. The law states an onward ticket. Some say they were never asked which is true but the airlines are the ones who get into trouble if they allow you to board without it.

• Like 5

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 1/30/2022 at 2:02 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

They are for enter CDO. Most local governments have their own entry rules. The links are not for entering the Philippines but to move from one place to another.

I just booked a flight to Cebu from Clark; departing this weekend. Cebu Pacific website had an advisory saying the Traze app was required. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gator said:

I just booked a flight to Cebu from Clark; departing this weekend. Cebu Pacific website had an advisory saying the Traze app was required. 

You need it for departure and arrivals at Mactan airport but I did not know its still needed. It came about in Dec 2020. Have not heard of it for some time now but if it's in the Google play store best to install and register account to save time.

For those with no smartphone you go to the help desk :whistling:

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You need it for departure and arrivals at Mactan airport but I did not know its still needed. It came about in Dec 2020. Have not heard of it for some time now but if it's in the Google play store best to install and register account to save time.

For those with no smartphone you go to the help desk :whistling:

Perhaps Cebu Pacific hasn’t updated their website (highly likely) and the info is old. But as a precaution I downloaded the app from the Apple App Store and set up an account. 

In addition, also as a precaution, the AM got me a Certificate of Residency from her Barangay. Info on the web says it’s not needed, but one of her coworkers came back to Cebu from Leyte last weekend and was asked for proof of residency. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Is Cebu "really" reopening for tourists?  I mean can I go for a beer and masssage and other fun stuff like before covid?

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes, but just remember to wash your hands and face afterwards. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2