Looks like the Philippines is reopening

gabgab
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Baluoyolo said:

Unless cause trouble and make them look for a reason to kick you out, I would not worry about it. I entered with an Estonia-authored (not on the list) EU digital certificate just fine, they barely even looked at it beyond comparing my name.

Well let's hope so!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, jimdones said:

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/308585101309269

Looks like my initial concerns were correct about the EU vax certificate, they only accept certs from certain countries in Europe and there does actually exist a separate WHO certificate. Currently I cannot go in as a vaccinated person since my country is not on the list. Looks like I'll either have to wait or quarantine on arrival.

Why just keep scratching your head, go to messenger on the Facebook BI and ask them. They will get back to you within 24 hours with a answer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

That is what I would be worried about Jolly. The way I read it tourists don't need to do Q'teen anymore, and only have to have a test prior to boarding. My nightmare senario would be get to Manila,,,go to a resort in Batangas lets say where restrictions still apply since Manila is still category 3 and you need a current test to check into your hotel....

You could always find out in advance as to what's needed and hope nothing changes in the time you ask and arrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gator said:

Not sure what those apps are for,

Just to add, I think at least the first link I posted is for anywhere. You insert destination to check on what's needed.

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Just found the link to the area changes. 

In a statement on Sunday, January 30, Nograles said the following will be under Alert Level 2 on February 1 to 15:

Metro Manila

Batanes

Bulacan

Cavite

Rizal

Biliran

Southern Leyte

Basilan

Meanwhile, the Inter-agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases placed the following cities and provinces in Luzon under Alert Level 3:

Abra

Apayao

Baguio City

Benguet

Kalinga

Mountain Province

Dagupan City

Ilocos Norte

Ilocos Sur

La Union

Pangasinan

City of Santiago

Cagayan

Isabela

Nueva Vizcaya

Quirino

Angeles City

Aurora

Bataan

Nueva Ecija

Olongapo City

Pampanga

Tarlac

Zambales

Batangas

Laguna

Lucena City

Quezon Province

Marinduque

Romblon

Occidental Mindoro

Oriental Mindoro

Puerto Princesa City

Albay

Camarines Norte

Camarines Sur

Catanduanes

Masbate

Naga City

Sorsogon

The IATF also placed the following areas in Visayas under Alert Level 3:

Aklan

Antique

Bacolod City

Capiz

Iloilo City

Iloilo

Negros Occidental

Guimaras

Cebu City

Lapu-Lapu City

Mandaue City

Bohol

Cebu

Negros Oriental

Siquijor

Ormoc City

Tacloban City

Eastern Samar

Leyte

Northern Samar

Western Samar

The following cities and provinces in Mindanao was also placed under Alert Level 3 by the IATF:

City of Isabela

Zamboanga City

Zamboanga Del Sur

Zamboanga del Norte

Zamboanga Sibugay

Bukidnon

Cagayan de Oro City

Iligan City

Lanao del Norte

Misamis Occidental

Misamis Oriental

Davao City

Davao Del Sur

Davao Del Norte

Davao Oriental

Davao de Oro

General Santos City

North Cotabato

Sarangani

South Cotabato

Sultan Kudarat

Surigao del Norte

Surigao Del Sur

Agusan Del Norte

Agusan del Sur

Butuan City

Maguindanao

Cotabato City

Lanao Del Sur

According to Nograles, the Alert Level 3 status in the said areas are also from February 1 to 15, 2022.

Meanwhile, he said that the IATF is yet to decide on the Alert Level for the province of Ifugao. They shall approve the risk classification on January 31, 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

A final bit of information on what countries vax certificates are accepted here starting the 10th of Feb. https://m.facebook.com/groups/315215473292943/permalink/487226609425161/ for those without Facebook I've attached the important picture. Only these 30 certs or WHO cert allowed. 

Screenshot_20220130_232407.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Patryk
Posted
Posted
On 1/29/2022 at 2:36 AM, GeoffH said:

I thought so... one way -: Bendigo to Sydney then Sydney to Manila with Qantas economy under $900 AU.

I will have to buy a throw away ticket as well on top of that.

Maybe there is no need to buy a throw away ticket, so fat for last 1,5 year of travel I was using toponward ticket where you get real ticket and it get cancelled, either way buy ticket on expedia just before travel and cancel it up to 24h ( I just found out they don't respect this 24h cancellation with some cheap airlines). 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Patryk said:

Maybe there is no need to buy a throw away ticket, so fat for last 1,5 year of travel I was using toponward ticket where you get real ticket and it get cancelled, either way buy ticket on expedia just before travel and cancel it up to 24h ( I just found out they don't respect this 24h cancellation with some cheap airlines). 

Some people do these things, some even rent a ticket but is it worth it? Up to the individual but for me it's not as I would rather just fly knowing everything is in order and hopefully nothing will go wrong.

Even at times it works out cheaper for a return ticket in some cases and thats good if one need to travel home often.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

A final bit of information on what countries vax certificates are accepted here starting the 10th of Feb. https://m.facebook.com/groups/315215473292943/permalink/487226609425161/ for those without Facebook I've attached the important picture. Only these 30 certs or WHO cert allowed. 

Screenshot_20220130_232407.jpg

Thanks Snowy! Good info.

We can confirm a US vax card is accepted in Manila. US Citizen (not dual) arrived MNL Friday no issues with the paper card.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Isn't it good to see people expressing their relief with factual facts on opening up and how to get back to the Philippines. There will be some that will try to do it their way and come unstuck with a return flight back to where they came from, then they'll be crying crocodile tears about how unfair the PI's are. We've already had a couple of blokes that have paved the way and wrote about that scary encounter with BI and once locked in your hotel room, the nightmare experience's they encountered ( Jest ). Yes we've read the STORIES of others but the ones that posted their actual experience, no drama, no fuss, just straight out followed procedure. Now we are getting people posting on chuck away tickets, then we'll be back to, bloody BI and anyone else they can find on their keyboard, abusing them about being deported or made buy a proper return ticket. Yes it's good to have the schemers and roughs back on line, now I can have a good laugh of a morning and brighten up my day by reading how these dickheads must have wasted their time trying to outwit the authorities. The procedures are there for a reason, not a personal vendetta, abide by them and you'll enjoy yourself a lot more.

I can feel the warmth of the PI's already and I know I'll have no trouble, my wife is travelling with me and all T's are crossed and I feel sorry for anyone getting in her road from seeing her family. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 5