Looks like the Philippines is reopening

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Yeah I heard that, do you think that date will come forward now the boarders are open?

The Qantas agent I spoke with said “the computer says No”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I just got off the phone with the agent at Qantas, so here is the plan.

Shitney to Singapore with Qantas. In Singapore switch over to Jetstar to Manila, with the following exclusions:-

my checked in baggage will be strictly limited to crapstars limits.

No boarding pass issued In Shitney for the Manila leg, to be collected in Singapore .

Because Qantas’ on line booking system doesn’t talk to Crapstars system the booking will have to be done over the phone, so that will not incur any charges because it cannot be accomplished online.

And lastly, because it is done with the agent it will be on one ticket, so the checked in luggage will be transferred in Singapore to the crapstar flight.

Now for a coffee after all that, and then onto both the Qantas and crapstar websites to check out what flights go when with a tolerable gap between flights.

phew!

• Like 5

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Post script..I reckon with the number of flights to Singapore and their being sales on at the moment it could work out a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than Philippines airlines but without the lengthy lay over periods in places like KL.

We will see. Yea 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It'll be interesting if they stick to the initial 30 days visa free then don't allow extensions. 

Did read changes, including this point is going to the Senate soon. My expectations is the 3 year term will be cut as they seem keen on long term  foreigners to obtain more permanent visas

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Just hearing some " UNCONFIRMED " reports that Italy is restricting travellers to the Philippines. Looking at the 15th of March and only for those that can prove they arein long term relationships, for workor in emergencies.  Best to check with each Embassy to confirm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gator said:

Not sure what those apps are for, I only had to show the QR code for the One Health Pass app. The OHP app only gives access up to 3 days before departure. When entering your data it asks for both your quarantine hotel info as well as the info about your final destination (where you’re supposed to self quarantine). I’m not sure if they’ll update or even require the OHP app once the entry rules change. 

They are for enter CDO. Most local governments have their own entry rules. The links are not for entering the Philippines but to move from one place to another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Most local governments have their own entry rules.

That is what I would be worried about Jolly. The way I read it tourists don't need to do Q'teen anymore, and only have to have a test prior to boarding. My nightmare senario would be get to Manila,,,go to a resort in Batangas lets say where restrictions still apply since Manila is still category 3 and you need a current test to check into your hotel....

gabgab
Posted
Posted

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/308585101309269

Looks like my initial concerns were correct about the EU vax certificate, they only accept certs from certain countries in Europe and there does actually exist a separate WHO certificate. Currently I cannot go in as a vaccinated person since my country is not on the list. Looks like I'll either have to wait or quarantine on arrival.

Baluoyolo
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimdones said:

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/308585101309269

Looks like my initial concerns were correct about the EU vax certificate, they only accept certs from certain countries in Europe and there does actually exist a separate WHO certificate. Currently I cannot go in as a vaccinated person since my country is not on the list. Looks like I'll either have to wait or quarantine on arrival.

Unless cause trouble and make them look for a reason to kick you out, I would not worry about it. I entered with an Estonia-authored (not on the list) EU digital certificate just fine, they barely even looked at it beyond comparing my name.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Looks like a few province areas are now going to level 3 just as Manila drops to level 2 which could hinder onward travel. Mindoro is one but I'm awaiting confirmation of the others. I caught a glimpse of them earlier but never took a screenshot.