Looks like the Philippines is reopening

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Being in this dilemma, what are the alternatives. Buy a return ticket to your home country and when the time comes and you have already have a visa extension just pay the rebooking fee, which can be a lot cheaper then being a “No Show” and thus throwing the ticket away?

My Plan E

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I just got off the phone with the agent at Qantas, so here is the plan.

Shitney to Singapore with Qantas. In Singapore switch over to Jetstar to Manila, with the following exclusions:-

my checked in baggage will be strictly limited to crapstars limits.

No boarding pass issued In Shitney for the Manila leg, to be collected in Singapore .

Because Qantas’ on line booking system doesn’t talk to Crapstars system the booking will have to be done over the phone, so that will not incur any charges because it cannot be accomplished online.

And lastly, because it is done with the agent it will be on one ticket, so the checked in luggage will be transferred in Singapore to the crapstar flight.

Now for a coffee after all that, and then onto both the Qantas and crapstar websites to check out what flights go when with a tolerable gap between flights.

phew!

“The best made plans of mice and men”.

All of the above was in vain. The flight schedules wouldn’t let it happen. Oh well the thought was there just not the outcome I was hoping for.

• Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Patryk said:

Maybe there is no need to buy a throw away ticket, so fat for last 1,5 year of travel I was using toponward ticket where you get real ticket and it get cancelled, either way buy ticket on expedia just before travel and cancel it up to 24h ( I just found out they don't respect this 24h cancellation with some cheap airlines). 

I ended up buying a flexible Jetstar ticket from Manila to Singapore with Jetstar for my exit ticket.  I can either use it to go half way home later (just add a leg) or I can convert it to a voucher for later use so not strictly a 'throw away' ticket.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 1/28/2022 at 6:36 PM, BrettGC said:

Over behind City Mall mate, 1 year lease.  Gives us some breathing space with regards to building or buying. 

I believe the location has changed to a place up my way.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I believe the location has changed to a place up my way.

Yep, things change quickly...

Gator
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Patryk said:

Maybe there is no need to buy a throw away ticket, so fat for last 1,5 year of travel I was using toponward ticket where you get real ticket and it get cancelled, either way buy ticket on expedia just before travel and cancel it up to 24h ( I just found out they don't respect this 24h cancellation with some cheap airlines). 

When I entered on the 21st of Jan I was asked twice for proof of a return ticket. So I wouldn’t gamble on not having an out bound ticket to show them 

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Just for info, upon arrival in Dumaguete all passengers had to fill in a health declaration that included a valid address where we'd be staying and then a brief interview with a health official before being allowed to proceed to baggage collection.  I'm not sure if this was in force prior to Negros Oriental going to level 3.  

Nope, this is a new thing. Ventured to Dumaguete when it was level 2 and just walked straight through the airport.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gator said:

When I entered on the 21st of Jan I was asked twice for proof of a return ticket. So I wouldn’t gamble on not having an out bound ticket to show them 

And can I ask what visa type were you entering on ?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

“The best made plans of mice and men”.

All of the above was in vain. The flight schedules wouldn’t let it happen. Oh well the thought was there just not the outcome I was hoping for.

Scoot goes to Clark, Cebu and Davao, it one of those works.  I know a lot of people don't like scoot, especially for a long flight.  Prices are decent.