Looks like the Philippines is reopening

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Is Cebu "really" reopening for tourists?  I mean can I go for a beer and masssage and other fun stuff like before covid?

:hystery: I presume you will be coming back for a visit on you own then Young man :89: :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Yes, but just remember to wash your hands and face afterwards

Way off topic, but reminds me of a funny story....

We were on tank manuvuers, up in Washington State in the middle of winter,,,covered in grease, mud, sweat and all bundled up against the cold....We lined up for chow (food) and a stupid medic was there telling us to wash our hands before we got our food. We looked at him like he had a 3rd eye....

So we took off our greasy, muddy gloves,,,washed our hands with cold water. Put the greasy and muddy gloves back on and got our food and ate it with greasy and muddy gloves:hystery:

sorry back to the topic

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Is Cebu "really" reopening for tourists?  I mean can I go for a beer and masssage and other fun stuff like before covid?

Cebu City and surrounding areas are level 3 with curfew at this time.

Wait until this summer I'll buy you a beer but for the other your on your own. :6:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

All I can add is download every app you may need ( Traze, Stay Safe) and where QR codes are issued keep a hard copy. I have my health QR code on a credit card sized card laminated with my vax cert on the back. It saves a lot of time messing around with your phone and if your phone goes belly up you have no issues. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You can still get a beer and a small massage after a haircut.  That's what you were referring to right?? :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 2
  • Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Really makes no difference.

It really does... those of us who hold SRRV have no reason nor need to hold an onward ticket... hence, the question.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just downloaded the Traze app from the Apple app store and tried to register "it just comes up with this app is available in the Philippines" so if needed I guess I have to do it there.

NB I tried it with my VPN turned on and set to Philipines and got the same error.

Edited by GeoffH

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: I presume you will be coming back for a visit on you own then Young man :89: :whistling:

Not exacty.  But Lyn will be spending a lot of time in the province visiting her family.  I am not really a Bukid Boy so I may have to entertain myself in Cebu city while she is gallivanting.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

At least some alert levels are being relaxed.

From BI Facebook page today:

May be an image of text

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In Cebu city you can go for a beer but must be home by 11pm. You can go out again at 4am. If your vaccinated you can drink in doors but only at 30 % capacity or outdoors at 50%.

That's until the 15th and then we see what's next.

Massage parlors are open at the same conditions. 

There was only 841 arrested over the weekend for health protocol violations. 

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/422777/841-health-protocol-violators-apprehended-in-cebu-city-over-the-weekend

Since the country opens for tourist on the 10th and Cebu city has curfew until the 15th I can imagine several tourist will be arrested in that time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2