Executive Order 408. 30 Days max

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am guessing it is "amended" in the sense that 2 countries were allowed 60 days up until now (Brazil and Israel).

It says you cannot exceed 30 days without a visa. You normally then apply for an extension. I see no news except if you're Brazilian or Israeli.

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It also says "as ammended." 

Just to clear things up I messaged immigration to ask if the entry was only for a maximum of 30 days or can you extend past the 30 days? 

I got the straightforward answer "Yes Sir." :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I've messaged them again pointing out the answer can't be yes to both questions. I should have known better than to ask more than one question in a sentence. 

Actually the answer to both is yes.  When you enter without a visa you cannot stay beyond 30 days.  If you apply for a visa while you are here, you can stay beyond the 30 days.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've messaged them again pointing out the answer can't be yes to both questions.

Yes the maximum stay (upon arrival) is 30 days.

Yes you can apply for a visa to extend your stay.

Understanding Pinoy English is complicated...

*edit* And MikeJ beat me to it :)

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I'm wondering if you can now also apply for a 59 day visa from the Phils embassy in your country, as could be done before...prior to your trip. :89:

• Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

I'm wondering if you can now also apply for a 59 day visa from the Phils embassy in your country, as could be done before...prior to your trip. :89:

Yep, it's called a 9a visa but you can only extend out to 2 years rather than 3.  The visa Gator and I entered on is a 9a but due to COVID we needed a "No EED Required" notation on ours hence all the jumping through hoops not needed in "normal" circumstances.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Just to clear things up I messaged immigration to ask if the entry was only for a maximum of 30 days or can you extend past the 30 days?

Several people have also confirmed the same in FB comments which makes sense as there was never an announcement of changes to current immigration law.

So now except thousands on FB who dont read anything can relax and life will go on as the sort of new normal.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Several people have also confirmed the same in FB comments which makes sense as there was never an announcement of changes to current immigration law.

So now except thousands on FB who dont read anything can relax and life will go on as the sort of new normal.

I haven't checked but I bet there's still the usual crying on FB about entry because they haven't actually read the announcements?  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Another trickle feed of information that might screw a few people up. Covid insurance and an exit flight within the 30 day free visa period. I'm still awaiting a reply from the main immigration. No doubt they will release a statement towards the end of February. 

FB_IMG_1643984560979.jpg

• Like 1