Executive Order 408. 30 Days max

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I can see people getting near the 30 days and applying to be told no chance and by then their throwaway ticket will have expired and flights will be crazy money, even if available

I've got a bit of time to find out what the real situation is (if people can extend or not) and I have a real ticket to Singapore which is 27 days after my arrival in the Philippines so my personal situation isn't as critical but I feel for those who are booked soon and will arriving not knowing if they can extend or not.

My plan is to hold off changing my exit ticket until I know for sure whether tourists can extend or not.

But it will really throw a spanner in the works if people cannot extend, trying to get married after arriving during a 30 day time frame would be almost impossible (and I doubt an SRRV application in the Philippines would be any easier).

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

I'm heading there for other reasons this morning but I'll ask the question. I'm not expecting the news to be good for those guys, but I could be wrong.

ACR-I card may come into play?

Just left BI and those on visa runs will be treated as anyone else entering after 10 Feb with all those requirements and restrictions.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Just left BI and those on visa runs will be treated as anyone else entering after 10 Feb with all those requirements and restrictions.

Will they be allowed to extend ?

Edited by Snowy79

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

those on visa runs will be treated as anyone else entering after 10 Feb with all those requirements and restrictions.

We'll have to start calling it the Koala Visa.  You got 30 days.  Eat roots shoots and leaves.  Pity the gals who get knocked up during those 30 days.

• Haha 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Will they be allowed to extend ?

No, same as all other tourists entering after Feb 10.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We'll have to start calling it the Koala Visa.  You got 30 days.  Eat roots shoots and leaves.  Pity the gals who get knocked up during those 30 days.

It's the wombat visa :smile:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

No, same as all other tourists entering after Feb 10.

What immigration office did you ask in?

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

What immigration office did you ask in?

Dumaguete.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Dumaguete.

You'll be the second person I've heard getting refused in Dumaguette. Calapan on Mindoro apparently said you can but we shall see what happens when someone tries it. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

You'll be the second person I've heard getting refused in Dumaguette. Calapan on Mindoro apparently said you can but we shall see what happens when someone tries it. 

I'm on a 9a and allowed to extend.  It's only the visa on arrival people that can't and that wasn't the question anyway.  Dave asked about visa runs for those already here.  I just confirmed with BI that upon re-entry they will not be able to extend.  

• Like 2