1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Which vlogger was that ?  

https://youtu.be/ksQgWQpXk2k

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Just watched an actual confirmation that extensions are allowed. A blogger who arrived on the 10th went to Intramuros to extend and has videoed all his paperwork including costs etc showing a two month extension. The only additional thing on his paperwork was a stamp saying an Exit Clearance Certificate is required after 6 months and must be procured at least one week in advance. 

I dont see any proof that he arrived on the 10th, this document could just be a month by month extension that he has been doing for who knows how long. We can not see an arrival stamp in his passport.

Anyway I would say there is no reason why anyone can not extend. It would make no sense to just allow 30 days, do they think someone who stays longer might bring in covid? Why would short stays be better?

I dont have my passport with me but I think for a long time the ECC reminder was stamped in the passport or actually I think mine was an attached paper so its not new. Someone check your passport please.

SO

Why would they allow us already here to extend but not new arrivals? Do they want the country to recover?

The biggest problem I see everywhere is no one official is addressing this confusion which I bet the IATF is the one causing it.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/6/2022 at 6:42 AM, BrettGC said:

I was feeling particularly masochistic yesterday and actually answered one of the questions with facts.  It devolved into a death loop of denial on their part and banging my head against the table on my part  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):.  I should've known better.  

Yes I try not to answer or if I do and get notification someone replied I usually dont read. To much of a headache.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/13/2022 at 7:25 PM, jimdones said:

stating that people who want to extend their stay for "reasons other than tourism" need to do it beforehand.

Other than tourisam to me means anything else than a tourist so if you came as a tourist then you are a tourist so dont need to do it beforehand but if you come as a tourist and decide its a business trip the you should have applied before hand.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, Gator said:

I stopped by the Cebu BOI office in J Mall this morning to pick up a visa extension form. Asked the officer at the information booth on behalf  a “friend” about a visa run. He said the same - currently upon reentry they will not be allowed to extend.

But he added that you can apply for a 9A visa with an entry exemption certificate via your countries respective Philippines embassy / consulate. He added it would likely be granted if you can prove residency and have ties to the community…..he suggested to get a barangay certificate of residency before leaving, notarized copy of lease if renting, copy of Philippine bank statements, OR / CR (if you own a vehicle), etc. and write a letter (affidavit) explaining your situation to submit with your application.  

That would be a pain in the butt.

A visa run to me is the closet cheap flight and not all the way back to Australia. I might be wrong but I think to apply for a 9a from your own country you need to be there.

I still have maybe 7 or 8 months to go for my visa run, sure hope this mess is sorted by then.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/14/2022 at 11:26 AM, BrettGC said:

Just left BI and those on visa runs will be treated as anyone else entering after 10 Feb with all those requirements and restrictions.

That makes sense as soon as you leave the country your visa ends so coming back is starting over again and thats why normally you can start another 3 years.

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted

So if you are using the BB you can still exit and get another BB 1 year stamp as long as you are travelling with your wife, yes? My plan is to enter on BB later this year and then apply for the SRRV.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont see any proof that he arrived on the 10th, this document could just be a month by month extension that he has been doing for who knows how long. We can not see an arrival stamp in his passport.

And even if he arrived on the 10th do we know if he had visa in hand or was he visa free? 

6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why would they allow us already here to extend but not new arrivals?

Could it be because those already here already have a visa to extend.  Those entering now do not have a visa, just an entry stamp in the passport and a "leave by" date.   I hope BOI would publish an official statement that clears up the confusion.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That would be a pain in the butt.

A visa run to me is the closet cheap flight and not all the way back to Australia. I might be wrong but I think to apply for a 9a from your own country you need to be there.

I still have maybe 7 or 8 months to go for my visa run, sure hope this mess is sorted by then.

I contacted the Philippines consulate in Sydney about getting a 9a visa, their short answer was “we are not issuing any visas for tourism, the only visas being issued is for Philippine citizens wanting to return on a urgent nature”.

I will be in Shitney tomorrow so I will try them again.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

contacted the Philippines consulate in Sydney about getting a 9a visa, their short answer was “we are not issuing any visas for tourism

On another board a gent stated he had been to the Philippines embassy in Bangkok and was told the same thing.