Executive Order 408. 30 Days max

baronapart
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Joey G said:

I checked (and called) and my regular Blue Cross health insurance has no provision for invalidating any part of my insurance based on US Embassy "levels".  As always, I am covered outside the US, but must file separately and likely pay first myself, and would be reimbursed. I've done that before, it works. With that said... the Philippines is asking for "travel health insurance", and yes, if one has that type of insurance... it very well may be invalidated depending on the policy. 

And this where the whole requirement for "travel health insurance" (their language) makes things confusing. I highly doubt anyone checking upon my arrival to the Philippines will look at my regular Blue Cross health insurance policy and determine that I am "covered". I'd expect they would want a stand alone "travel health insurance plan".... which may or may not cover me under Level 4... let alone any other caveats 

So what, now what?? Hey I have no problem with the Philippines setting whatever requirements they want... their country... I respect that.  But I don't see me jumping on a plane for a couple thousand dollars only to find out when I land that I am at the whim of someone interpreting whether my insurance policies are acceptable. I need to have a way to get that all straight and approved... BEFORE I buy a ticket and get on a plane. 

I have the same insurance Federal Employee BC&BS. I have checked and I am covered in the Philippines. I have no problem dropping 2K php for travel insurance but they just don't make it easy.

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've just watched a You Tube blog with a clip from the Bureau of Immigration spokeswoman Dana Sandoval speaking on a live news broadcast. She was saying only those from Visa Free countries will be allowed to extend beyond 30 days if they go to their local Consulate and get an Entry Exemption Certificate stamp on their passport before boarding for the Philippines.  Others must leave within 30 days. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is a link to that clip. This issue has already been addressed in the BI announcement, stating that people who want to extend their stay for "reasons other than tourism" need to do it beforehand. Read the comments section as well.

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 2/6/2022 at 6:42 AM, BrettGC said:

I was feeling particularly masochistic yesterday and actually answered one of the questions with facts.  It devolved into a death loop of denial on their part and banging my head against the table on my part  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):.  I should've known better.  

In the USA we just refer to it "alternative facts". :hystery:  

• Haha 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, jimdones said:

people who want to extend their stay for "reasons other than tourism" need to do it beforehand

There must be many expats in the Philippines who are planning a visa run.  It will be useless unless they cannot renew when they get back.  Has anyone enquired at their local BI about how that will work?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There must be many expats in the Philippines who are planning a visa run.  It will be useless unless they cannot renew when they get back.  Has anyone enquired at their local BI about how that will work?

I'm heading there for other reasons this morning but I'll ask the question. I'm not expecting the news to be good for those guys, but I could be wrong.

ACR-I card may come into play?

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Unfortunately it is situation normal in the Philippines where you can ask two people in the same office and get two different answers, throw in the fact that the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Bureau of Immigration think they control who enters the country but are over ruled by the IATF under emergency powers and it's the usual shi@ show. 

In the last week it's flipped from yes you can extend, no you can't, the IATF are releasing a new order and multiple contradicting reports from individuals who've approached immigration and been given different replies. You Tube blogs dont make it any easier as there's one expert who has a friend in the BI main office confirming one thing then the next blog another one with a friend in the Main BI says the opposite. 

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Freebie said:

This is an example of one blogger getting an expert on who has a friend in Immigration saying one thing and next another will post one showing their friend  in Immigration says no. Information overload I think.

Four days into the opening you would think either the IATF or Bureau of Immigration would release a 100% confirmation as to whether they are allowing extensions. So far all they keep repeating is you can enter visa free for a maximum of 30 days and must have an exit ticket within 30 days.  This is leading people to think they can just go and get a visa before your 30 days is up and continue extending as normal.

I can see people getting near the 30 days and applying to be told no chance and by then their throwaway ticket will have expired and flights will be crazy money, even if available and if not they will have to fill in a motion of consideration which will hit their pockets again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1