Executive Order 408. 30 Days max

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I'm on a 9a and allowed to extend.  It's only the visa on arrival people that can't and that wasn't the question anyway.  Dave asked about visa runs for those already here.  I just confirmed with BI that upon re-entry they will not be able to extend.  

That's my take on it also. To leave you need an Exit Clearance Certificate which will cancel your 9a the minute you pass the gate. 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I'll chuck this in here, I was looking up PI airline tickets and the other day you needed travel insurance along with all the other rubbish. Today the travel insurance is omitted from their requirement's before boarding, no typo, is something in the wind. :5795:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It's the issue that keeps on giving. I just had an update on one of the sites that is constantly asking if extensions are allowed. One guy posted that at 3pm Immigration made a statement that extensions were allowed and he attached a link to a closed forum. It got my hopes up until someone posted a screenshot. It was from a messenger reply saying extensions were allowed and not an official statement. That'll be four messenger screenshots I've seen from Immigration with different answers. :571c66d400c8c_1(103): I've messaged Immigration to see if they can release an official statement not a messenger reply.

• Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I'm on a 9a and allowed to extend.  It's only the visa on arrival people that can't and that wasn't the question anyway.  Dave asked about visa runs for those already here.  I just confirmed with BI that upon re-entry they will not be able to extend.  

I stopped by the Cebu BOI office in J Mall this morning to pick up a visa extension form. Asked the officer at the information booth on behalf  a “friend” about a visa run. He said the same - currently upon reentry they will not be allowed to extend.

But he added that you can apply for a 9A visa with an entry exemption certificate via your countries respective Philippines embassy / consulate. He added it would likely be granted if you can prove residency and have ties to the community…..he suggested to get a barangay certificate of residency before leaving, notarized copy of lease if renting, copy of Philippine bank statements, OR / CR (if you own a vehicle), etc. and write a letter (affidavit) explaining your situation to submit with your application.  

• Thanks 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am beginning to possibly see some clarity here?  If you apply for a visa prior to entering the country you have in hand a VISA upon entry.  If you arrive as a tourist you have no VISA, and you just get an arrival stamp in your passport.  You have no VISA to extend.  Those people who have been here for awhile and have a VISA can extend up to three years.  That VISA is lost/cancelled at the end of three years.  If they exit and enter without an "existing" visa they are simply a tourist with an entry stamp and will not be allowed to extend.  So basically you can only extend if you apply for the visa from your home country, otherwise there is no VISA to extend.  At least I think that is how it works now.  :89:  

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Pea's expert says nothing has changed but there is confusion online.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Just watched an actual confirmation that extensions are allowed. A blogger who arrived on the 10th went to Intramuros to extend and has videoed all his paperwork including costs etc showing a two month extension. The only additional thing on his paperwork was a stamp saying an Exit Clearance Certificate is required after 6 months and must be procured at least one week in advance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Which vlogger was that ?