SRRV Medical in Makati?

oznomad
Posted
Posted

I am off to Makati in 2 weeks for the SRRV. 

Anybody have, current, info on a good, cheap option for the medical - preferably near the PRA office.

Cheers

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, oznomad said:

Anybody have, current, info on a good, cheap option for the medical - preferably near the PRA office.

Cheers

I dont have an answer but probably best to take your own form if you dont already have it.  https://pra.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Medical-Certificate.pdf

Just wondering if there is a reason you are doing it in Makati rather than through a satellite office? 

oznomad
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont have an answer but probably best to take your own form if you dont already have it.  https://pra.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Medical-Certificate.pdf

Just wondering if there is a reason you are doing it in Makati rather than through a satellite office? 

Speed is the main reason. Paperwork lodged in satellite offices has to go to and from Makati anyway.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, oznomad said:

Cheers

It'll take a couple of days to get the results of your medical. I got mine done which included bloods, urine and xray same day, stool sample a couple of days and the general medical by a doctor the same day. I got mine on Boracay for under 2k all in. Everything done on the Friday and picked the completed paperwork up on the Monday afternoon. No queue, just walked in and out within the hour.

• Like 1

oznomad
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It'll take a couple of days to get the results of your medical. I got mine done which included bloods, urine and xray same day, stool sample a couple of days and the general medical by a doctor the same day. I got mine on Boracay for under 2k all in. Everything done on the Friday and picked the completed paperwork up on the Monday afternoon. No queue, just walked in and out within the hour.

I have a quote from Sacred Heart in Makati for 2500.

It would cost me 150% of that just to get the completed form apostilled in Aus. 

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Does anyone know why the SRRV medical is so extensive or indeed what justification there is for having a medical in the first place? 

I remember being whisked down to the local doctors in Pampanga, and being asked to poop in a jar, I thought they were taking the piss :rolleyes:

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Colsie said:

Does anyone know why the SRRV medical is so extensive or indeed what justification there is for having a medical in the first place? 

It is normal for immigrants to any country to produce a clear physical. The government wants to be sure they are not importing someone who will cost their medical care system bring in any disease. Makes sense. The SRRV physical is pretty standard. I had no problem except for the chest X-Ray. The radiologist report from the nearby hospital said I had  pneumonia in my right lung. He also noted staples from as he described it "previous surgery." My wife who is a nurse laughed, looked at my blood work and O2 levels and suggested I go back and ask him to change his report. I did but he insisted the X-ray showed I had pneumonia because he studied it closely and noted all abnormalities. I asked him how many lobes were in each lung, left and right. He said two left, three right. I pointed out I only had two lobes in the right lung and asked why he had not noted this after his close examination. He said he stood by his diagnosis of pneumonia. When I got back home my wife said,"Hey it's the Philippines, you expected expert medical diagnosis at that little hospital? Expect him to change his mind? Hiya is involved. Go to the clinic that sends the X-rays out of the country." I went to such a clinic the next day which transmits the x-rays immediately to radiologists in India. In one hour I walked out with a clean chest X-ray report. The did note the staples and the fact that it appeared I had previously had a right lung lobectomy but no pneumonia. :smile:

• Like 5

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Greglm said:

It is normal for immigrants to any country to produce a clear physical. The government wants to be sure they are not importing someone who will cost their medical care system bring in any disease. Makes sense.

It doesn't make sense to me since the Philippine government won't pay for your medicare. If you have no money or insurance you will get no treatment.

About bringing in any diseases, so can regular tourists do as well, so I can't see the logic in this either.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Viking said:

About bringing in any diseases, so can regular tourists do as well, so I can't see the logic in this either.

I doubt if you will find a country that will allow you to be citizen without a medical so the logic is the same world wide :)

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

It doesn't make sense to me since the Philippine government won't pay for your medicare. If you have no money or insurance you will get no treatment.

I think a large part of reason, here and other countries, is that they don't want something spreading to the local population (TB, AIDS, etc).  While those diseases already exist here, no reason to allow in a known carrier who may spread it to others.

• Like 1