SRRV Medical in Makati?

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/5/2022 at 10:14 PM, oznomad said:

I am off to Makati in 2 weeks for the SRRV. 

Anybody have, current, info on a good, cheap option for the medical - preferably near the PRA office.

Cheers

The lady that completed mine lives opposite their main office, she charged me nothing. A wonderful service, a lady of integrity. Just PM me if details required.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Viking said:

It doesn't make sense to me since the Philippine government won't pay for your medicare. If you have no money or insurance you will get no treatment.

About bringing in any diseases, so can regular tourists do as well, so I can't see the logic in this either.

Logic being the key word. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Viking said:

It doesn't make sense to me since the Philippine government won't pay for your medicare. If you have no money or insurance you will get no treatment.

About bringing in any diseases, so can regular tourists do as well, so I can't see the logic in this either.

Exactly, there's no liability on the government to take care of you and nearly anyone can come live here as a tourist ... 

To be honest, I don't remember the Thai retirement visa being that strict (expensive). Even when I migrated to Australia I only remember that I had to have an xray...

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I doubt if you will find a country that will allow you to be citizen without a medical so the logic is the same world wide :)

Citizenship... That's not what you're acquiring with a SRRV retirement visa is it? Isn't it just a visa that costs more money and gives the holders a feeling that they have more legitimacy to live here? 

How where the SRRV holders treated during the covid travel restrictions? 

Sorry for going off topic a bit. 

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Colsie said:

Does anyone know why the SRRV medical is so extensive or indeed what justification there is for having a medical in the first place? 

I remember being whisked down to the local doctors in Pampanga, and being asked to poop in a jar, I thought they were taking the piss :rolleyes:

It doesn't sound like they were! :hystery:

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Colsie said:

Citizenship... That's not what you're acquiring with a SRRV retirement visa is it? Isn't it just a visa that costs more money and gives the holders a feeling that they have more legitimacy to live here? 

Permanent residency not citizenship. SRRV has quite a few benefits.

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Greglm said:

Permanent residency not citizenship. SRRV has quite a few benefits.

I would have missed out the words "quite a" in that sentence. :whistling:

• Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Colsie said:

I would have missed out the words "quite a" in that sentence. :whistling:

One benefit that springs to mind is hassle free exit and entry. Plus appears now the 6 month tourist visa is difficult.

Can clearly remembered being cross examined a few times upon re entry on a tourist visa.....No matter re hassles now, plus easily cashed in if one wants to revert to tourist.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

.  What are the benefits of having SRRV?

• Indefinite stay with multiple-entry/ exit privileges

• Free subscription to the PRA Newsletter  [never seen that]

• Assistance in transacting with some government agencies:

• Alien Employment Permit (AEP) from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in case of employment in the Philippines;

• Driver's License from the Land Transportation Office (LTO);

• Tax Exemption/Extension Certificate from the Department of Finance (DoF) in availing the tax importation of household goods and personal effects;

• Tax Identification Number (TIN) from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) in case of setting-up a business in the country;

• Clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).

• Entitlement to PHILHEALTH benefits & privileges

• Discount privileges from PRA accredited Merchant Partners.  Click here for PRA's Merchant Partners. 

• Exemption from:

• Student Visa/ Study Permit

• Travel Tax, if retiree has not stayed in the Philippines for more than 1 year from last date of entry

• Philippine Bureau of Immigration ACR-I Card (Annual Report)

• Customs duties & taxes for one time importation of household goods & personal effects worth up to US$7,000.00 Tax from pensions & annuities

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I doubt if you will find a country that will allow you to be citizen without a medical so the logic is the same world wide :)

Well, my country don't demand a medical to become a citizen. However, we really should demand it because in Sweden the government pick up the bill from the medical treatment. Then it makes sense but not if you have to pay for it by yourself, like in Philippines and most other countries.

I guess you could say that Sweden is just as illogical as the Philippines in that case, but in the opposite way.

• Like 1