SRRV Medical in Makati?

Viking
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

My SRRV cost $1.4k application plus a one off $1.5k (  deposit.  Annualy it will cost me $10 ( about 560 peso ) to renew as I'm ex Forces. Tourist Visas were costing me a minimum of 2.8k peso every two months then the 3yr exit flight etc.  I figured it'll pay for itself in under 4.5yrs and no more messing about.

I can't find any information of the annual fee being only $10, when looking in the website of PRA, it say $360. Or is it different for the SRRV Courtesy?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Colsie said:

Head hunted for the role of retiree, what "better" qualifications are needed for that :cheersty:

With regards to the SRRV, from what you wrote I understood that your annual renewal costs are $10. Whereas I seem to remember that those without this privilege were paying in the order of $360. 

My deductive reasoning regards the privileged group being subsidised is based upon the argument that, without the large financial input from the large group of other SRRV members the scheme would not be profitable and would in effect be a charity.

The cost of offices in Makati, wages and utilities etc couldnt be sustained if the scheme members only had to pay $10 per year. The only way for the privileged group to be part of the SRRV scheme is if everyone else shoulders the cost burden for it to operate. 

Everyone is different and every visa has advantages and disadvantages and for me, for now, using a tourist visa with extensions gives me the most flexibility without financial commitments, other than 6 month extention fees. 

The PRA is a Government owned and funded organisation so could be getting it's money from anywhere and I seriously doubt there's enough people on an SRRV to cover the PRA overheads. I heard those with an SRRV were subsidising the free entry visas for tourists though.  :hystery:

• Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

I can't find any information of the annual fee being only $10, when looking in the website of PRA, it say $360. Or is it different for the SRRV Courtesy?

Yes different for the expanded courtesy. Here's the best I could do as the PRA site is out of date but I was informed in person it's $10. 

ext.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The PRA is a Government owned and funded organisation so could be getting it's money from anywhere and I seriously doubt there's enough people on an SRRV to cover the PRA overheads. I heard those with an SRRV were subsidising the free entry visas for tourists though.  :hystery:

Maybe, those on the SRRV could subsidise the visa exemption tourists as well as the expanded courtesy holders...:hystery:

SRRV sounds less attractive than ever unless I was a retired grunt... 

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Yes different for the expanded courtesy. Here's the best I could do as the PRA site is out of date but I was informed in person it's $10. 

ext.png

Thanks for that info.

We plan to retire in the Philippines this year but will use the balikbayan privilege. We will not go for a 13a Visa for different reasons. However, in the future maybe we decide to get a SRRV Courtesy.

This is very cheap actually, I guess it takes a Scottish person to find such great deals 😉👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

Thanks for that info.

We plan to retire in the Philippines this year but will use the balikbayan privilege. We will not go for a 13a Visa for different reasons. However, in the future maybe we decide to get a SRRV Courtesy.

This is very cheap actually, I guess it takes a Scottish person to find such great deals 😉👍

It was a Yorkshire man that put me onto it. :whistling:

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2022 at 10:21 AM, Colsie said:

Citizenship... That's not what you're acquiring with a SRRV retirement visa is it?

Sorry I used the wrong word. Will take it back and stuff it in my backpack. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2022 at 3:49 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I doubt if you will find a country that will allow you to be citizen without a medical so the logic is the same world wide :)

Thailand!    :) 

Retirement or Marriage extension. Medical was discarded as a requirement a few years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

oznomad
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2022 at 8:19 AM, RBM said:

The lady that completed mine lives opposite their main office, she charged me nothing. A wonderful service, a lady of integrity. Just PM me if details required.

Hi RBM. I am new here, and evidently allowed to send zero messages. Unsure what the story is.

oznomad
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2022 at 10:42 PM, Colsie said:

So basically the SRRV is unfair as it gives certain nationalities that have worked in a certain profession significantly lower costs than everyone else. 

I guess that depends on the perspective. I think it's fabulous. 

BTW, there are quite a few eligible nationalities.