TCL Smart TVs = Opinions?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I only really bought the one for the Samsung as it's my son's TV and he's careless.  He's already dropped it once and we only set it up 4 days ago! 

We drop ours a lot!  One of my key duties is to fall asleep in front of the TV, with the remote on my lap.  Then I wake suddenly and stand up.  Crash!  The sound of hard plastic meeting tile floors!  Now, it is Plunk!  The sound of silicone hitting the floor!

My comment was not really aimed at you.  It aimed at all the other members who might need protection for their precious remote!  :biggrin:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

We drop ours a lot!  One of my key duties is to fall asleep in front of the TV, with the remote on my lap.  Then I wake suddenly and stand up.  Crash!  The sound of hard plastic meeting tile floors!  Now, it is Plunk!  The sound of silicone hitting the floor!

My comment was not really aimed at you.  It aimed at all the other members who might need protection for their precious remote!  :biggrin:

I am the Master of the Remote(s) in our home - they sit in 1 of 2 places depending on if the TV is on or not.  I will admit that I dropped the then brand new TCL remote into my beer glass when unpacking it - no harm done to either beer or remote!  

• Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I am the Master of the Remote(s) in our home - they sit in 1 of 2 places depending on if the TV is on or not.  I will admit that I dropped the then brand new TCL remote into my beer glass when unpacking it - no harm done to either beer or remote!  

I was worried about the beer for a minute!

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I was worried about the beer for a minute!

It was the 1st thing I checked! 

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Ordered one for my Samsung TV, Light blue.

Edit, The remote not the TV. Have not dropped the TV yet:mocking:

Edited by jimeve
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well, it temporally worked.  So I bought this little tag system to locate all my TV remotes, buried deep in a black hole somewhere in my living room.  And also above the toilet or in my tool box.  The transmitter has pretty good range to activate the loud and flashing tags.  

Unfortunately because of my multiple senior moments.....has anyone seen my transmitter?  

key finder.PNG

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

The most expensive drink ever was the glass of beer I knocked over into the keyboard of my laptop computer.   Fried the computer and wasted the beer.  The scolding from my wife the worst part of the whole experience.  :bash:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

The most expensive drink ever was the glass of beer I knocked over into the keyboard of my laptop computer.   Fried the computer and wasted the beer.  The scolding from my wife the worst part of the whole experience.  :bash:

As expensive as this?

image.png

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

As expensive as this?

image.png

Not that bad.  About 100K peso for a new lap top and 35 peso for another SM Pilsen.  Hard to put a price on the scolding.  :hystery:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I would have to differ - the worst part of that experience was wasting the beer! 

• Haha 1