Vegetable Oils

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why would it make any difference since all the animal fat will render into whatever oil you use. 

AHA! Caught another one!

On 1/29/2023 at 1:41 AM, OnMyWay said:

Did you watch the original video I posted? 

Apparently its in the video, JGF.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Found lard on Lazada and it just arrived! :nudie:

If you like to bake, lard makes the best pie crust!

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 1/28/2023 at 11:18 PM, Nickleback99 said:

Dr Peter Attia, one of the leading longevity docs, summed it up pretty well with something like, 'You either lose or win the genetic lottery', but goes on to note that there are certain things one Can do to improve odds and to improve Quality of that older life if one makes it. He notes that #1 is good sleep, and I've heard several others in field say same.   Not That means I'm screwed due to apnea, although sleep better on side, and just waking up a lot.  Take 20mg melatonin, but that gives me a somewhat decent 6 hrs (need 8).  Would take benadryl, but that increases risk of dementia.   So yeah, maybe I'll start drinking!  :cheers:

try lettuce juice.

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 2/2/2023 at 2:39 PM, Mike J said:

If you like to bake, lard makes the best pie crust!

Got my wife to start using lard or beef tallow to fry lumpia in and it was so much better.   Animal fats got a B.S. label courtesy of the sugar industry and the whole vegetable fat industry, when should've been just the opposite.  Remember Crisco and garbage like margarine?....horrible for you.   I know a lot of people who went keto or full carnivore and much like Jordan Peterson, a bunch of their health problems cleared up in months.   As we used to say back in the South, "Proof's in the pudding."

• Like 4

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 1/29/2023 at 5:27 PM, OnMyWay said:

No, glass.

You are right on the Member's Mark that I had bought at S&R.  Production date 15/09/21, expires 15/09/23.  So it was a year old, in plastic, when I bought it in 9/23.  No wonder it tastes bad.

Yep!  Think I'll be buying mine at Costco in WA when go back in April ....AND check the dates when I do.  Haven't bought any here yet, but will look for glass container at Belcris here in Dumaguete and see what turns up.  

• 4 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So we have been using that Olive Oil from Costco for a while now.  I have not noticed any change in my general health but today I thought:  Dang!  I spread gobs of margarine on my bread every day.  I wonder if that is just as unhealthy as frying in vegetable oil?

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So we have been using that Olive Oil from Costco for a while now.  I have not noticed any change in my general health but today I thought:  Dang!  I spread gobs of margarine on my bread every day.  I wonder if that is just as unhealthy as frying in vegetable oil?

Margarine? Oh my! Dave, Dave, Dave.......

• Haha 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Margarine is poison, and olive oil in big plastic Costco jugs isn't much better.

For cooking, New Zealand butter.

For dressing etc, EVOO in dark glass bottles, far from the expiry date.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I wonder if that is just as unhealthy as frying in vegetable oil?

Screenshot (1035).png

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

and olive oil in big plastic Costco jugs isn't much better.

That big bottle I bought at S&R did go bad.  Never again.  My wife still uses it, but not for my food.

• Like 1