Travel to AU Questions

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I will apply for the visas for my wife and stepdaughter soon, but I don't thing the processing times are too bad now.  They are well travelled.

@ColsieHow long was it for your GF's visa to be processed?

We might consider Cebu Pacific.  How tall are you?

Submitted application online Sat 10th Sept

Submitted Biometrics Cebu Tue 20th Sept 

Recieved Grant email Wed 21st Sept 8:50am

My height 6' 2"

Note:

I ticked the box on the application for multi entry and it was included on the grant letter. 

As they're well travelled they should go alright. 

Biometrics, I read that it was a CF and to get the earliest appointment. I chose 7am and the girl was finished within 30mins.

I could have chose to do the Biometrics on an earlier date, but had to organise a road trip on my bike from Eastern Samar - Palompon, Leyte and the Roro ferry to Cebu city (6hrs)... came back a different way, with a couple of nights on Bantayan Island...Great mini holiday, we loved it. 

At the time of my application I read that 90% applications done within 112 days. Obviously, some applications are more complicated or lack some documents and take longer than others. 

I booked flights for a 9 week trip...then I realised the cost of accommodation in Aus :571c66d400c8c_1(103): been living in Philippines since 2011...

Costs: 9 weeks in Aus = 1 year here 

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Colsie said:

Biometrics, I read that it was a CF and to get the earliest appointment. I chose 7am and the girl was finished within 30mins.

How did it look as you were leaving?  Was it really a mess?  We will go to Manila so it might be different.

2 hours ago, Colsie said:

Costs: 9 weeks in Aus = 1 year here 

Yes, a couple of weeks will be expensive for us.  I think I have ruled out finding an Air Bnb in Sydney for New Years.  However, here is a house someone might interested in with a view of the bridge.  Only p465,000 a night for New Year.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43730410?check_in=2022-12-30&check_out=2023-01-02&guests=1&adults=3&children=2&s=67&unique_share_id=c12fff8d-5296-4237-957b-970a71dbcd06

• Haha 4

Colsie
Posted
Posted

@OnMyWay Cebu Biometric centre was fine. I wasn't allowed inside, only applicants. Even the applicants weren't allowed to go inside and ride the elevator until it was their allocated time.

We arrived 15 mins early, filled a register with the security and the girl was allowed into the building at 7am. 

Said it was easy to do and was all done after 30mins. The place wasn't that busy when we left. 

Omg... One night at that place equal to one year here....

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

How did it look as you were leaving?  Was it really a mess?  We will go to Manila so it might be different.

Yes, a couple of weeks will be expensive for us.  I think I have ruled out finding an Air Bnb in Sydney for New Years.  However, here is a house someone might interested in with a view of the bridge.  Only p465,000 a night for New Year.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43730410?check_in=2022-12-30&check_out=2023-01-02&guests=1&adults=3&children=2&s=67&unique_share_id=c12fff8d-5296-4237-957b-970a71dbcd06

Does that include breakfast? :smile:

• Haha 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Does that include breakfast? :smile:

C'mon, you get to see the fireworks without leaving the house!  :hystery:

Actually spending New Years in Sydney is falling off the table.  Everything has the price jacked up.  We will probably spend a few days there on arrival on the 17th and then maybe a day or two before we leave on the 8th.  Leaning towards the 8th due to flight cost.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

C'mon, you get to see the fireworks without leaving the house!  :hystery:

Actually spending New Years in Sydney is falling off the table.  Everything has the price jacked up.  We will probably spend a few days there on arrival on the 17th and then maybe a day or two before we leave on the 8th.  Leaning towards the 8th due to flight cost.

The only time I've travelled over a new year was for the Millenium - we went to Bangkok for about a week. Despite everything that had been said about exorbitant prices it wasn't that much more expensive than normal.  

I have no idea how they justify almost $10,000 a night for an airbnb - must be some place!

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Aaaarrrrgggg!  Trying to use the Cebu Pacific website is torture!  Amateurs!  Their popup calendar shows prices that have nothing to do with reality.  On the calendar and later on the week views, it keeps showing No Flight Available on some days (Dec/Jan) and then later it is available.  Many areas of the website like Flight Schedule show this.  They use to have a map of routes and I guess that is gone.  Many other annoyances too.

Rant over.

Screenshot (808).png

• Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Aaaarrrrgggg!  Trying to use the Cebu Pacific website is torture!  Amateurs!  Their popup calendar shows prices that have nothing to do with reality.  On the calendar and later on the week views, it keeps showing No Flight Available on some days (Dec/Jan) and then later it is available.  Many areas of the website like Flight Schedule show this.  They use to have a map of routes and I guess that is gone.  Many other annoyances too.

Rant over.

Screenshot (808).png

Use the phone app.  It sort of works better 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Use the phone app.  It sort of works better 

I will try.  My wife uses it.

• Like 1