SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

It should be noted that this applies to pre-paid sims only as you've already sufficiently identified yourself if you're on a post-paid plan.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It should be noted that this applies to pre-paid sims only as you've already sufficiently identified yourself if you're on a post-paid plan.  

Unfortunately, not so.

Postpaid subscribers

Telcos already have data of postpaid subscribers. 

But to complete the registration, postpaid subscribers are required to confirm their information and data included in the SIM register through the platform or website provided by the telco provider.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The thing is the providers like Smart and Globe say they are working on an online registration but give no date as to when it should launch. 

Paste as plain text is the key :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I am going to wait until the last minute.  Not really comfortable with passing personal information onto a site that may or maynot be hacked.  I know I will have to register sooner or later, but I am choosing later. 

• Like 5

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

SIM cards issued to tourists will only be valid for 30 days and will be deactivated upon expiration. It can only be extended upon presentation of an approved visa extension. 

Seems you have to re-register your SIM on every visa extension so as to get its activation period extended as well? Or does it get activated 'permanently' at some stage?

No other country that I know of is giving tourists a 'temporary' activation by law. Once you're registered you can keep your SIM for as long as you like (assuming you keep paying the telcos to keep it alive).

Edited by jimdones

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimdones said:

SIM cards issued to tourists will only be valid for 30 days and will be deactivated upon expiration. It can only be extended upon presentation of an approved visa extension. 

Seems you have to re-register your SIM on every visa extension so as to get its activation period extended as well? Or does it get activated 'permanently' at some stage?

No other country that I know of is giving tourists a 'temporary' activation by law. Once you're registered you can keep your SIM for as long as you like (assuming you keep paying the telcos to keep it alive).

Tourists will have to update their status as they do their extensions unfortunately

• Sad 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Tourists will have to update their status as they do their extensions unfortunately

But only if they get a Philippine SIM card right???  My phone has worked fine for years with my USA issued SIM card. Granted it's on a USA phone plan as well.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Joey G said:

But only if they get a Philippine SIM card right???  My phone has worked fine for years with my USA issued SIM card. Granted it's on a USA phone plan as well.

In which case it's nothing to do with the Telcos here and there is no sim card to register. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Mike J said:

I am going to wait until the last minute.  Not really comfortable with passing personal information onto a site that may or maynot be hacked.  I know I will have to register sooner or later, but I am choosing later. 

I will wait at least a month, not because I'm at all concerned about personal data as it's all out there anyway one way or another, but from experience there will be teething troubles. I'll see how the land lies end of January.

• Like 2