SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Okay on the above info.

Now I have sort of a reverse question.... Will a smartphone from Philippines work in the USA these days? If so, does it have to be 4 or 5g? Eight years ago I visited Seattle and discovered my old Samsung 3g cell phone only worked in certain areas as it was in the process of being phased out. I visited a cell outlet store and somehow they adapted my phone to work - I think they just switched to a different SIM card to make it work. I am sure it would not work there should I visit Seattle or other parts of USA in the next year or two...

• Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay on the above info.

Now I have sort of a reverse question.... Will a smartphone from Philippines work in the USA these days? If so, does it have to be 4 or 5g? Eight years ago I visited Seattle and discovered my old Samsung 3g cell phone only worked in certain areas as it was in the process of being phased out. I visited a cell outlet store and somehow they adapted my phone to work - I think they just switched to a different SIM card to make it work. I am sure it would not work there should I visit Seattle or other parts of USA in the next year or two...

If it works on LTE, 4G or 5G in the Phils then it’ll work just fine in the USA. During my recent visit I used my old iPhone 6 and it worked fine. 

As an aside, if you’re using a Smart sim then before you leave text ROAM ON to 333 and your phone will roam in the USA. Be sure to turn cell data off though or it’ll eat any load you have left on your account. Good in case you need to get sms messages like for banking or emergencies (it’s free to receive text msgs). When you return send ROAM OFF to 333 to discontinue. 

Edited by Gator
  • Thanks 1