SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2023 at 11:01 PM, Snowy79 said:

While on the subject of registering your Sims be aware that the scammers are out in force. A friend of mine just had 75,808 peso emptied from his Gcash after replying to what looked like an official message telling him to register his sim. 

Attached is the message he received and unfortunately he also entered the one time pin. 

FB_IMG_1678719572079.jpg

And there's plenty Filipinos now getting calls with caller using the persons name stating Gcash needs updating or there are Lazada vouchers expiring .. please click the link I will send by sms etc.....smart ones just say , vouchers expiring, well im giving them to you.. use them and enjoy them ..byeee

And they got peoples name and phone number from.. oh yes all those dumb apps we needed during Covid where our data was secure?????????.. rolls on floor laughing.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimdones said:

Just visited a Globe store, they say that for now there's no advisory about expiration, and that I should follow the news following April 26 for updated guidelines. Good enough😊

Regarding Smart, I don't see any interface to submit an extension request there either. You need to email them or visit the store. In which case I'm assuming they'll give you the same reply.

Smart set up a separate email address outside of the online portal for this process.

Obviously Globe are not really correct in saying there is no advisory about expiration as Smart's website clearly outlines the process for this. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well after 2 months I finally ( well the Sprog-- Daughter) got me Registered on both Globe and Smart in my name ( of course using my phones) so at last another Job Jobbed:tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Been on The Midget's back to get mine done; I need to stop procrastinating on the 13a/SRRV - still undecided. 

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

13a/SRRV - still undecided. 

If you're married, why even consider spending the extra $ for an SRRV?

Possum
Posted
Posted
On 4/10/2023 at 6:07 PM, Freebie said:

And there's plenty Filipinos now getting calls with caller using the persons name stating Gcash needs updating or there are Lazada vouchers expiring .. please click the link I will send by sms etc.....smart ones just say , vouchers expiring, well im giving them to you.. use them and enjoy them ..byeee

And they got peoples name and phone number from.. oh yes all those dumb apps we needed during Covid where our data was secure?????????.. rolls on floor laughing.

There should be an education requirement before owning anything connected to the internet.

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My wife and stepdaughter couldn't get it to work, and I didn't try, so we went to the SMART store today.  Took about 5 minutes per SIM.  For me they only used my ACR card for ID.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I suspect the deadline will be moved as less than half of the sims have been registered.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/nation/867100/less-than-half-of-philippine-sims-registered-before-apr-26-deadline/story/

More than half the total number of subscriber identity module (SIM) cards in the country have yet to be registered with their respective public telecommunications entities (PTEs), a little over a week into the April 26 deadline.

Data released by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) on Sunday indicated that 69,828,115 SIM cards have been registered as of 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2023.

This translates to 41.32% of the 168,977,773 SIM cards across the country, higher than the 66,220,334 registered as of 11:59 p.m. on April 11, 2023.

DICT's aggregate data is broken down into: DITO Telecommunity Corp. accounted for 5,139,813; Globe Telecom Inc. 29,967,532; and Smart Communications Corp. with 34,720,770.

Earlier last month the DICT said the April 26, 2023 deadline will remain. The registration rate then was 23.97%.

Under the SIM Card Registration Act, all PTEs are mandated to establish their respective registration platforms to onboard users who present valid identification cards.

Users are given 180 days or until April 26, 2023 to register their SIM cards, or face having their mobile phone numbers deactivated.

The implementing rules and regulations of the SIM Card Registration Act took effect on December 27, after the measure was signed into law by President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. last October.

PTEs had said they were all set for the registration process, but "birthing pains" were expected during the initial stages.

The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) has since ordered PTEs to report any problems encountered by users during the registration process. —LBG, GMA

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My wife and stepdaughter couldn't get it to work, and I didn't try, so we went to the SMART store today.  Took about 5 minutes per SIM.  For me they only used my ACR card for ID.

I couldn’t get mine to work either. I think because the photo on my ACR isn’t really clear. AM got impatient and registered it in her name. Lol

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I suspect the deadline will be moved as less than half of the sims have been registered.

It will be moved, I'm sure.  But, will it make any significant difference - people have had more than enough time to do it anyway and the reasons they have for not having done it now will be the same in 4 months time.

It yet again simply sends out the same old message that Manana is fine.