SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

mountainside
Posted
Posted
On 4/16/2023 at 10:57 PM, hk blues said:

I suspect the deadline will be moved as less than half of the sims have been registered.

Globe and Smart ask for extension:  https://www.mobileworldlive.com/asia/asia-news/smart-globe-push-for-sim-registration-extension/  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 4/16/2023 at 1:44 AM, Greglm said:

There should be an education requirement before owning anything connected to the internet.

What, and spoil all the fun? :smile:

hk blues
Posted
Posted

No extension apparently - that is a surprise but let's see if they hold firm for another week.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Can already see the steam coming out of @Jollygoodfellow's ears for an article not being copied in "plain text".

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Can already see the steam coming out of @Jollygoodfellow's ears for an article not being copied in "plain text".

Nope, just deleted it. Gone so if certain members keep doing it , thats what will happen :tiphat: 

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/10/2023 at 12:28 PM, jimdones said:

I'm reading online that the registration is valid for 30 days. Will the SIM be deactivated following that? If so how do I extend the validity? Has any one registered as a tourist more than 30 days ago and can comment on how it works?

For what its worth, it would have been easier to get a Filipino you know to register in their name. If your only here a few months I suspect the sim wont work the next time you are here anyway. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many of the sims that have not been registered are in a "junk drawer" or a landfill somewhere?  Hard to imagine the calamity if 50% of cell phones, wireless routers with sims, etc suddenly stop working next week.   And a rush to register them would probably crash the server designed to capture the data.  

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I wonder how many of the sims that have not been registered are in a "junk drawer" or a landfill somewhere?  Hard to imagine the calamity if 50% of cell phones, wireless routers with sims, etc suddenly stop working next week.   And a rush to register them would probably crash the server designed to capture the data.  

I suspect that most who actually need and use their current Sim will have registered and the remainder are, as you say, surplus. For sure we have 1 such in our household.  Some may have just decided to renew their Sim anyway as folk do here and when they renew they'll do what's needed.  Does it make sense, no but that's how they roll here.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wife and I did both our Smart sims just now through the GigaLife app on my phone.  Used her national ID for both, took about 5 minutes to do both. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I did three a month or so ago.  Smart and Glove for my phone, and Smart for the big WIFI router.  Tried to do the wife's and it said it was already registered???  Hope that is true or she may trade my phone for hers.  :hystery:

• Haha 1