SIM Card Registration - Updated Information and The Procedure

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

I had problems with registering my smart sim card, so I took to the mall and a Smart rep did it for me.

Globe I did it myself.

I don't currently have a Globe SIM, my data SIM is with GOMO (which uses the Globe network).

The SMART SIM is registered now, asked SMWBO's sister to help as I couldn't get it to work.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, jimeve said:

I had problems with registering my smart sim card, so I took to the mall and a Smart rep did it for me.

Globe I did it myself.

I noticed in our SM City that both Globe and Smart have booths for registration - the Smart booth always has a few people lining up whilst the Globe nobody so perhaps this is a sign that Smart registration is somehow more difficult.  

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The SMART SIM is registered but the SMART Giga Life app is still popping up reminders to register :mocking:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

The SMART SIM is registered but the SMART Giga Life app is still popping up reminders to register :mocking:

I'm getting the same thing.. Left hand, right hand etc.  No surprise really. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

While on the subject of registering your Sims be aware that the scammers are out in force. A friend of mine just had 75,808 peso emptied from his Gcash after replying to what looked like an official message telling him to register his sim. 

Attached is the message he received and unfortunately he also entered the one time pin. 

FB_IMG_1678719572079.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

While on the subject of registering your Sims be aware that the scammers are out in force.

Yep.  I have more scam-emails than I can count in my spam file.

• Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

A friend of mine just had 75,808 peso emptied from his Gcash after replying to what looked like an official message telling him to register his sim. 

I never keep more than about 3000 peso in Gcash or Grab, too many stories going around about people losing their balances.

That's enough to pay for a taxi or a meal or a basic hotel, which is all I use them for.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I never keep more than about 3000 peso in Gcash or Grab, too many stories going around about people losing their balances.

That's enough to pay for a taxi or a meal or a basic hotel, which is all I use them for.

I take it a step further and only keep a certain amount in my BPI account that I use for online transactions - damage limitation! 

• Like 3